• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Book/Movie scenes screenshots

Finrod_Amandil

Former Head Designer
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey erryone,

So, inspired by @P1eter's side-by-side screens (http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/media/albums/side-by-side-comparison-of-movies-and-mcme.160/) I would like to take some special screenshots where we would reenact some scenes from the books and/or the movies. As Pieter must have witnessed himself, it's rather tricky getting hands on even only one willing actor that poses for a screenshot, thus I'd like to plan these here ahead a bit.

So, if you would like to be featured in some very fancy 4K* Shader screenshots, please voice your interest below, what shots you'd like to be in and what roles you'd like to play; note though that usernames won't be visible in the screenshot. All you need to do beyond that is fill in the doodle below with when you'd be available; there probably will be multiple dates on which we gonna take some screens, but we also probably are going to take multiple screens on one occasion.

Doodle: Doodle: Screenshot Times

List of screenshot ideas (To be extended, if you have any further ideas below, voice em!)

Tier 1: Not too many actors needed, and almost no additional preparations
  • Stock Road: Black Rider looking for the Hobbits which are hiding beneath the road.
    Actors needed:
    - 1 Nazgûl on black horse (needs donor)
    - Frodo
    - Sam
    - Pippin
    optional: Merry (doesn't appear in the books in this scene)

• Bucklebury Ferry: The Hobbits on the ferry, Frodo just jumping onto it, Nazgûl chasing them.
    Actors needed:
    - Frodo
    - Sam
    - Pippin
    - Merry

• Hobbits knocking on the Bree Gate
    Actors needed:
    - Frodo
    - Sam
    - Pippin
    - Merry
    - maybe Gatekeeper
    Preferrably all hobbit skins with cloaks and hoods

• The fellowship on the Anduin
    Actors needed:
    Boat 1:
    - Aragorn
    - Frodo
    - Sam

Boat 2:
    - Boromir
    - Merry
    - Pippin

Boat 3:
    - Gimli
    - Legolas
  • Boromir's departure
    Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas watching towards the boat with Boromir that is driving towards the Falls of Rauros. (Maybe Armorstand to make Boromir lay in the boat)

• Treebeard with Pippin and Merry on his Shoulders.
Tier 2: More actors or bigger additional preparations
  • Flight to the Ford (book or movie version)
    Book version:
    Actors:
    - Frodo on white horse
    - 5 Nazgûl on black horses
    Needs 6 donors

Movie version:
    Actors:
    - Arwen and Frodo on white horse (Try whether Frodo could ride an invisible armorstand)
    - 5 (?) Nazgûl on black horses
    Needs 6 donors
  • Council of Elrond (book version)
    Actors needed:
    - Elrond
    - Glorfindel
    - Erestor
    - Galdor
    - Legolas
    - optionally more elves

- Glóin
    - Gimli

- Aragorn
    - Boromir

- Gandalf

- Frodo
    - Bilbo
    - Sam

Setup: Frodo sits between Elrond and Bilbo, Gandalf next to Bilbo, Sam behind Frodo on the floor. Gimli sits next to Glóin.

ToDo:
    - Try whether players can jockey invisible armorstands so that it looks that they are actually sitting.
    - Probably make more/better chairs.
Tier 3: Insane screenshots
  • The Battle of Helms Deep, using actors for main characters and tons of armorstands for armies.
  • Aragorn's coronation

* Huge thanks to @Eriol_Eandur who has supplied me with an exclusive 1.10.2 version of Mineshot!

Hey erryone,

So, inspired by @P1eter's side-by-side screens (http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/media/albums/side-by-side-comparison-of-movies-and-mcme.160/) I would like to take some special screenshots where we would reenact some scenes from the books and/or the movies. As Pieter must have witnessed himself, it's rather tricky getting hands on even only one willing actor that poses for a screenshot, thus I'd like to plan these here ahead a bit.

So, if you would like to be featured in some very fancy 4K* Shader screenshots, please voice your interest below, what shots you'd like to be in and what roles you'd like to play; note though that usernames won't be visible in the screenshot. All you need to do beyond that is fill in the doodle below with when you'd be available; there probably will be multiple dates on which we gonna take some screens, but we also probably are going to take multiple screens on one occasion.

Doodle: Doodle: Screenshot Times

List of screenshot ideas (To be extended, if you have any further ideas below, voice em!)

Tier 1: Not too many actors needed, and almost no additional preparations
  • Stock Road: Black Rider looking for the Hobbits which are hiding beneath the road.
    Actors needed:
    - Frodo
    - Sam
    - Pippin
    optional: Merry (doesn't appear in the books in this scene)

• Bucklebury Ferry: The Hobbits on the ferry, Frodo just jumping onto it, Nazgûl chasing them.
    Actors needed:
    - Frodo
    - Sam
    - Pippin
    - Merry

• Hobbits knocking on the Bree Gate
    Actors needed:
    - Frodo
    - Sam
    - Pippin
    - Merry
    - maybe Gatekeeper
    Preferrably all hobbit skins with cloaks and hoods

• The fellowship on the Anduin
    Actors needed:
    Boat 1:
    - Aragorn
    - Frodo
    - Sam

Boat 2:
    - Boromir
    - Merry
    - Pippin

Boat 3:
    - Gimli
    - Legolas
  • Boromir's departure
    Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas watching towards the boat with Boromir that is driving towards the Falls of Rauros. (Maybe Armorstand to make Boromir lay in the boat)

• Treebeard with Pippin and Merry on his Shoulders.
Tier 2: More actors or bigger additional preparations
  • Flight to the Ford (book or movie version)
    Book version:
    Actors:
    - Frodo on white horse
    - 5 Nazgûl on black horses
    Needs 6 donors

Movie version:
    Actors:
    - Arwen and Frodo on white horse (Try whether Frodo could ride an invisible armorstand)
    - 5 (?) Nazgûl on black horses
    Needs 6 donors
  • Council of Elrond (book version)
    Actors needed:
    - Elrond
    - Glorfindel
    - Erestor
    - Galdor
    - Legolas
    - optionally more elves

- Glóin
    - Gimli

- Aragorn
    - Boromir

- Gandalf

- Frodo
    - Bilbo
    - Sam

Setup: Frodo sits between Elrond and Bilbo, Gandalf next to Bilbo, Sam behind Frodo on the floor. Gimli sits next to Glóin.

ToDo:
    - Try whether players can jockey invisible armorstands so that it looks that they are actually sitting.
    - Probably make more/better chairs.
Tier 3: Insane screenshots
  • The Battle of Helms Deep, using actors for main characters and tons of armorstands for armies.
  • Aragorn's coronation

* Huge thanks to @Eriol_Eandur who has supplied me with an exclusive 1.10.2 version of Mineshot!
Maybe it would be better if someone did this with blender and mineways? Probably only staff members could do this, because they have permission to download parts of the map.

Maybe it would be better if someone did this with blender and mineways? Probably only staff members could do this, because they have permission to download parts of the map.
:O I just got an awesome idea! I will make some 3D models and textures of different types of boats (for roleplaying purposes only), and especially for birch boats, the kind of boat Galadriel gave to the Fellowship!

And then edit the characters in with blender? No, where's the fun and point in that, then you could make all of the picture with a 3D program right away.

Alright, @Daddlio, @Kjolsen, @SmaugJuice, you added that you'd have time this evening, 17:00 BST, wanna try a first screen today? Together with my 2nd acc we'd have 4 actors, depending on whether we can find one more we could try some of the Hobbit scenes :)

I have just remembered that I need to be somewhere on Fridays at 17:30, but I will try my best to be there at that time. Maybe it would be possible to do it half an hour earlier at 16:30 BST?

U sure these aren't scheduled for next year? I've been on for each of the set times for the screenshots and there's like nobody on.

Yeah im really sorry guys, I've loaded a bit too much on my plate at once. It's still a thing but I can't yet say when I'll be able to get to it...