• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

book recommendations

ShroomyD

Involved Member
Commoner
Credits
XP
So as you all probably know, MCME is based off of the lotr books, that means a lot of reading. Some people therefore, find that they often get addicted to such a thing and so, when they have had enough of reading unfinished tales for the 40th time, would like to read something else. That is where this thread comes in, it will be a place for people to find new books and share those that they like.

How this will work:
step 1: find a book that you like and that you think others would like too.
B) post a reply to this thread using the format found below.
3. Look at other peoples recommendations and read to your heart's content

~~~~Book Application recommendation format~~~
Book title: <the name of the book>
Author: <the name of the author of the book>
Short description: <what happens in this book. NO SPOILERS>
Why you recommend it: <reasons for why this books is so great>

Happy reading
! ;)

Last edited:
Red rising (start of a trilogy)
By pierce brown
It's a sci-fi book about a society where humans colonised and terraformed almost every planet/moon in the solar system, with a caste system society on steroids (highest caste are almost gods, lowest caste is extremely weak). It's about an uprising against the system.
I heartily recommend, the only sci-fi book(s) I really enjoyed. The story is a really interesting take on society and political struggles, if you like that, definitely read it. The first book is mostly about a hunger games like test they put young recruits through. There's so many epic things the protagonist builds upon that are so incredibly enjoyable to read.

We already kinda have a thread for this:
It may be more fun to continue this one as the conversation has already started and there are some older posts already there

We already kinda have a thread for this:
It may be more fun to continue this one as the conversation has already started and there are some older posts already there
Oh :(

Edit: that thread seems a bit dead though, the newest post being from over a year ago, and I’d personally want a more structured forum, hence the format that i gave. I guess we could remove this thread if it is deemed necessary but i’d quite like to continue it

Last edited:
Book title: thief of time
Author: terry pratchet
Short description (blurb): The construction of the world’s first truly accurate clock starts a race against, well, time for Lu Tze (a sweeper for the monks of time) and his apprentice Lobsang. Because it will stop time. And that is only the start of everyone’s problems.
Reason for recommendation: a pretty great book with a ton of funny little quips and moments. It manages to make such an absurd world both interesting and realistic (in an absurd way). Great characters great plot 10/10 would read again