• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Books

Tyranystrasz

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Here you can write about your/yours favorite/favourites book/books, suggest to the others what to read or what you don't suggest to read.

I suggest to read "The dwarfs" of Markus Heitz,there are 4 books for the saga, the books speak about the adventure of a dwarf in the hidden vale

I really, really suggest to read the The Dark Tower books series. It's written by Stephen King and that's the story of Roland, the last Gunslinger of a world which has "changed". His only goal is to reach the Dark Tower, in the center of the world, where all times and roads meet.

For those who like fantasy books I suggest to read The Witcher Saga by Andrzej Sapkowski (5 books + prequel + 2 stories, first 3 books already translated into English).

You guys should read Robin Hobb's books, Raymond E. Feist's, Anne McCaffrey's. They are all MUST READs

The Belgariad, nuf said
I am reading them at the moment ;)
LotR and Tolkien's other works are my favourite books (of course :D) but coming in close at second is the Dragonlance Chronicles. Written by Margret Weis and Tracey Hickman, they are a well written sort of Dungeons and Dragons based fantasy. It keeps you interested the whole way through (unlike LotR :p) and I am currently re-reading them (at the same time as the Belgariad). I believe they would be better for a younger audience, chiefly between my age [13] and adulthood (in other words; teenagers).

This is more of a question than a suggestion but I thought I should post it here.
Has anyone here read The fault In our stars? And if so, do you recommend It? I've been thinking of reading it but I would just like to see if anyone on here had read it.

I really, really suggest to read the The Dark Tower books series. It's written by Stephen King and that's the story of Roland, the last Gunslinger of a world which has "changed". His only goal is to reach the Dark Tower, in the center of the world, where all times and roads meet.

I salute you sir! My dad got me reading S. King books when I was just a teenager. He has an eerie way of writing that makes me want to read with the lights on. And the Dark Tower series is by far one of his best.

The Game by Neil Strauss

;)

I salute you sir! My dad got me reading S. King books when I was just a teenager. He has an eerie way of writing that makes me want to read with the lights on. And the Dark Tower series is by far one of his best.
Ye I remember reading that some time ago. Awesome series gets you sucked in from the start. Dark tower is a really interesting read.

This is more of a question than a suggestion but I thought I should post it here.
Has anyone here read The fault In our stars? And if so, do you recommend It? I've been thinking of reading it but I would just like to see if anyone on here had read it.
I've read it myself, it's a very good book. John Green is a good writer. I'm not a good critic so I have no idea how to explain why you should read it apart from that you should :D

Hey guys, so I've been doing this thing to read 52 books this year, here's my current list:

The Hobbit (reread, as great as the first time)
Brave new world (praised by reddit, great if you like 1984/Fahrenheit 451 type of books)
The Handmaid's Tale (very well written, much more subtle than 1984 but in the same spirit)
100 Years of Solitude (Pretty much East of Eden 2.0, beautifully written although a bit confusing with similar names but it's the entire point of the book)
Lolita (also beautifully written, a bit fucked up with the pedophile thing but would highly recommend just for the prose of it)
Hitchhiker's galaxy 1-4 (Hilarious but you have to like British humor. Kind of goes a bit down in quality by the 4th one, but it's still decent.)
Midsummer's Night Dream (reread for HS, funny but not one of Shakespeare's best works, IMO)
Where the Red Ferns Grow (Simple book, easy read, great story. tears will be shed)

currently reading Heart of Darkness, it's also pretty great but somewhat longish sometimes.

will add this to my list! If anyone has any suggestions I'm open, I've got about 20-30 more weeks to fill so.

I also recommend Brave New World and anything Shakespearean (I haven't read Midsummers so I might take that suggestion.)

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge
Ender's Game (and all the sequels and companion series) by Orson Scott Card
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Macbeth by William Shakespeare
Leaf by Niggle by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
The Man Who was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
The Edge Chronicles (for slightly younger readers) by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The Conquerors Trilogy by Timothy Zahn
The Colfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman
The Flavia DeLuce Series by Alan Bradley
The Magister trilogy by C.S. Friedman
Illusion by Paula Volsky

To name a few good reads =P

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Snow Queen by Joan D. Vinge
Ender's Game (and all the sequels and companion series) by Orson Scott Card
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
Macbeth by William Shakespeare
Leaf by Niggle by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
The Man Who was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
The Edge Chronicles (for slightly younger readers) by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell
The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
The Conquerors Trilogy by Timothy Zahn
The Colfire Trilogy by C.S. Friedman
The Flavia DeLuce Series by Alan Bradley
The Magister trilogy by C.S. Friedman
Illusion by Paula Volsky

To name a few good reads =P
=p The Screwtape Letters (demons) and The Great Divorce (Heaven and hell) are fantastic reads for theology and literature. Tolkien uses two ideas from Macbeth (a walking forest and "no man can kill me"/"no one with born of a woman can kill me") and his short story Leaf by Niggle is a meaningful read about an artwork.

Last edited:
I really enjoy 1984 by George Orwell. A story about a dictature where everybody is constantly watched by camera.

My favorite books are:
LOTR
The Hobbit
Harry Potter
Alex Rider
Ranger's Apprentice
(I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now)

Catch 22 (you just have to read it)
Gilead (not a thrilling book, but a sort of enlightening one)
Midnight's Children (slow start, and then it gets pretty damn interesting)

Running Man, the story of a deadly tv show where a guy must escape from professional hunters. If he survives one month, he become rich ... Nobody survive more than 8 days ...

The Long Walk
Each year in Maine, a long walk is organized for teenagers who want to earn money and glory. The goal : be the last to stand. If you stop, you die. If you slow down too much, you die. If you escape you die.

Misery
A famous writer, Paul, was driving back home in the storm when he had a car accident. One of his greatest fan save him and took him to her home. And this terrific woman is mad with Paul because he made her favorite novel hero die ...

Duma Key
Eddie Freemantle, was the leader of a successful building compagnie. But this was in his "other life". Indeed, he had a terrible car accident where he lost his right arm and a part of his mental health. To feel better, he moved to a floridian island, Duma Key, where he discovered he had stunning skills in painting. But he understood that the thing which help him painting could kill him ....

A little Stephen King, repositery ! There's many more !

Running Man sounds a lot like The Most Dangerous Game. I've never really been into Stephen King books, movies based off his work are usually hit or miss. I've really been into Classics lately. 1984, and Invisible Man are probably my favorite two books.