• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted BRASHEXODUS Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRASHEXODUS

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
Date joined: Early February of 2016

Jobs: I did do a job yesterday but i have forgotten the name. It might have started with an R. but i am not for certain, he said he is going to take the screenshot which he did but i believe he is posting it at a later date.

Themed Builds: I have created a Themed build based off of this picture
qielV5j.jpg

here is my build picture(s) (looks better in person)

VecM6S4.png

N7FgGgk.png

Interests: my styles I'm most fond of is in the medieval aspect of builds. since you can add a high detail value towards that instead of modern. I do do dwarven,elven,gondorian,not so much rohirric as i haven't mastered that build technique. I also do Medieval keeps, tudor. Basically anything that has a medieval feel. not so much steampunk.

Motivation: I applied thinking of expanding the horizon of a server that can be pushed to its limits in creating beautiful and enjoyable builds that people would go "aww" in amusement. MCME in my opinion is a dedicated community trying to recreate middle earth without all the chaos from relating servers doing the same project. as well as this one is more organized and has a more mature staff base. I could do texturepack edits, import my ideas as well as do somewhat screenshots with shaders ect, ect. list is endless as well as participate in building structures with the fellow community.
Projects keen on: Anything that catches my eye. that is well researched, and well balanced into making real.

Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your Rhosgobel looks nice ingame though it could be more detailed, compared to your concept picture your plot looks a bit empty. You could think about adding more undergrowth, bushes and trees with more branches and more realistic foliage.

I suggest that you participate in a few more >>themed builds<< to show off your skills with other stuff like houses, walls, ...

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

Last edited:
Thank you for your application! I would like to give you some tips on what you can do to increase your chances to get accepted.

Your Rhosgobel looks nice ingame though it could be more detailed compared to your concept picture your plot looks a bit empty. You could think about adding more undergrowth, bushes and trees with more branches and more realistic foliage.

I suggest that you participate in a few more >>themed builds<< to show off your skills with other stuff like houses, walls, ...

When you have new builds add more screenshots to your application above. Please also reply to this thread with something like 'update'. This will make us notice your new screenshots.

Aside from themed builds you can improve your chances to get Artist by helping with >>jobs and plotbuilds<< as you already did. Try to stay very active with jobs. When you finished a task for a Designer, remember to ask the Designer to give points to your application as described >>here<<.

thanks for the insight. With the current status of the rohan pack used for that theme build it is near impossible to achieve good quality builds since alot of the textures are not added and or not used. theres over 20 blocks that dont have textures which could be used. as well as there is still some default flowers that i didnt find appealing towards the build. i could touch up the trees as well but in a later time. thanks for the feedback

Hey Brash,

I had a look at your Rhosgobel build ingame today. There's a lot of nice aspects to it, especially on the roofs you did a very nice job; Generally a very bold decision to try to recreate the crooky shape of the movie, something that is always difficult within Minecraft. A bit more you could have done with the interior; We may be able to take more blocks into use, but if you check out builds like Aldburg you can already do a lot more with what is there; the interior i'd also imagine a bit like the movie version: very stuffed and chaotic. In Rohan pack there's a lot of crates and chests and similar things one could put into such a home.

As I already saw from your work with texture things, as well as with the TB, you have a good eye for what looks good, maybe you just struggle with the RP a bit still (I believe it's not only missing things in the RP, but maybe also a small bit of lacking experience in working with them ;) )
But nevertheless I decided to promote you to Artist now; because knowing what looks good is the most important thing. I really appreciate your work on the textures, may well be that you are right and that it is time to overhaul them a bit :D

So... Congratulations on Artist! Be sure to check out this resource to find out what it means being Artist: Artist Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.