• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Suggestion Bring Back The Slots

greencaver

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
The slots, as well as the coinflip feature, were recently removed from the discord bot channel. These features were a beneficial component of the coin system that a plethora of commoners have been utilizing for the past few months. It was a considerably effective method of gaining coins and climbing the coin leaderboard. I have heard complaints from many people who are displeased by the fact that these features have been removed. While some members of the community may claim that these features could be considered "gambling", the discord ToS dictates that every user must be at least the age of 13 to use the app, which means that many facets of the MCME discord server do not have to be tailored toward little children. It has even been stated by the moderators that topics discussed in discord VCs can generally surpass the rules that bound the actual minecraft server. The decision to remove these features was made on a whim by a couple of valar one day in a VC, which I find completely unacceptable and inappropriate. Such changes that affect the community should be thoroughly discussed, with all sides of the argument taken into consideration. In my suggestion post regarding the removal of the discord suggestions feature, Eriol stated that removing those suggestions would "disrupt the community", and even though Eriol was not responsible for this recent change, the other valar have completely contradicted his point by removing a commonly utilized feature of the discord server by many active community members and commoners. Therefore, I demand that we bring back the slots and coinflip discord features.

1704611422324.png

Last edited:
" Eriol stated that removing those suggestions would 'disrupt the community', and even though Eriol was not responsible for this recent change, the other valar have completely contradicted his point by removing a commonly utilized feature of the discord server by many active community members and commoners."

This is actually a really valid take. If it were to be removed after a discussion with the community who actively uses it then it would be reasonable. However to just remove it without asking anyone is really "disrupting the community"

I agree, and, on a different note, I believe that the fact that my "Remove Discord Suggestions" suggestion has 3 upvotes, that shows that the community actually supports the idea.

Last edited:
I agree, and, on a different note, I believe that the fact that my "Remove Discord Suggestions" suggestion has 3 upvotes, that shows that the community actually supports the idea.
The community exist of more than 3 people.

I feel comparing the two is also not really valid, as the coin flip and slots is mere a fun thing that was added to the discord, to give a little entertainment, but was later removed again to not weight into promoting gambling (which I assume was the reason, which imo would be a valid one).
the suggestions are actually useful and helps in giving people an easy way to share there idea's in improving or changing the server.
Altho I agree that the forum is a better place for it, since it's easier discussable, I think having it on the discord is handy too.

(Also demanding things is not really the way to get things you want :p )

The community exist of more than 3 people.

If people disliked the suggestion, they would downvote it, therefore since it has 3 upvotes a majority of the server agrees with me. If people don't upvote or downvote suggestions that means they really don't care about the suggestion and don't have a preference as to whether or not it gets implemented.

I will note that the whole qbot deal was added on a whim and probably could be taken away by one too. I do miss the coin flip, mostly because I'm not familiar enough with the other functions of the bot enough to succeed. Since you can get so many coins through that command, I think it would only be fair to the people who can't get ahead via it anymore to wipe people's balances and start from scratch now.

Both the coinflip and slots were really fun imo, only good way to get money on the bot. What's the point of keeping it if you can't use it to its full potential?

A disclaimer could be added in the about section of the channel stating MCME does not support or condone gambling (there are no real world stakes to the bot) as a compromise for a return of the bots features.

The slots, as well as the coinflip feature, were recently removed from the discord bot channel. These features were a beneficial component of the coin system that a plethora of commoners have been utilizing for the past few months. It was a considerably effective method of gaining coins and climbing the coin leaderboard. I have heard complaints from many people who are displeased by the fact that these features have been removed. While some members of the community may claim that these features could be considered "gambling", the discord ToS dictates that every user must be at least the age of 13 to use the app, which means that many facets of the MCME discord server do not have to be tailored toward little children. It has even been stated by the moderators that topics discussed in discord VCs can generally surpass the rules that bound the actuall minecraft server. The decission to remove these features was made on a whim by a couple of valar one day in a VC, which I find completely unacceptable and inappropriate. Such changes that affect the community should be thoroughly discussed, with all sides of the argument taken into consideration. In my suggestion post regarding the removal of the discord suggestions feature, Eriol stated that removing those suggestions would "disrupt the community", and even though Eriol was not responsible for this recent change, the other valar have completely contradicted his point by removing a commonly utilized feature of the discord server by many active community members and commoners. Therefore, I demand that we bring back the slots and coinflip discord features.
I remember being on that call there were around 20 of us including you discussing. And more importantly, it wasn't at the whim of the Valar, I was the one that brought the topic up and questioned whether it should be there. Don't blame the Valar for something that I brought up and pushed to be removed. Just because you didn't get your way stop having a temper tantrum.

I remember being on that call there were around 20 of us including you discussing. And more importantly, it wasn't at the whim of the Valar, I was the one that brought the topic up and questioned whether it should be there. Don't blame the Valar for something that I brought up and pushed to be removed. Just because you didn't get your way stop having a temper tantrum.

Were you the one who removed the features?