• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Build migration underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
This morning I started moving over the build minecraft server to the new server, it is a massive amount of data! So for now it is unavailable until the move is complete, keep an eye on this thread for more information.

Update: Build server is back online.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, just how much data is there? I would think it wouldn't take nearly that long to transfer the data and set up a new server, given my extensive experience.

I am guessing its about 20 to 30 gigs?

I hope that things go smoothly and that any problems that do pop up can be easily dealt with. I have done server moves for my business several times over the last 10 years and each time is a nerve racking experience, hoping that nothing goes wrong :)

Good luck! and here is hoping for a speedy migrating :)

I am guessing its about 20 to 30 gigs?

I hope that things go smoothly and that any problems that do pop up can be easily dealt with. I have done server moves for my business several times over the last 10 years and each time is a nerve racking experience, hoping that nothing goes wrong :)

Good luck! and here is hoping for a speedy migrating :)

When I say 20 - 30 gigs, I mean just for the main map world, there the other worlds and the backups. In total? about 150gig? how far off am I? :)

Actually not necessarily. It's within the same datacenter, so there is nothing preventing them from assigning the existing IP to the new box. It's an incredibly simple matter, in fact. All they have to do is de-allocate it from the old box, set it on the new box, and ensure the VLANs are set properly on the switch port.

Does this mean that the IP will change?

IPs remain the same.

Thanks for the update. Just out of curiosity, just how much data is there? I would think it wouldn't take nearly that long to transfer the data and set up a new server, given my extensive experience.

It's 320 Gb, but its not just moving the data, I'm also doing some updates to the build server, setting up cronjobs again, correct ftp access for certain folders, ...

IPs remain the same.

It's 320 Gb, but its not just moving the data, I'm also doing some updates to the build server, setting up cronjobs again, correct ftp access for certain folders, ...
Yeah, the map is huge.

Soon it shall have even more data spammed on to it, but luckily not too much from the Terra Nova world craft.

Is there an ETA on the migration? Are we talking, hours or days or weeks? Just curious as I had set my weekend aside to explore MC Middle Earth :) Guess I will have to find something else to keep me busy now :( lol

For those who don't know Teamspeak server ip changed for the time being to freebuild.mcmiddleearth.com Password is the same as old ts.

-edit-
Some people were saying they can connect with old ip. If you are having trouble connecting use the ip stated above.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.