• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Build migration underway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I set them up in a RAID-1 configuration, just to have a little more certainty, because... SSDs :p

Not wishing to sound ungrateful with all the hard work done re the build server, but when can we expect the Dynmap to back online? Thank you :)

I was on when it failed last night. Here is what happened:

First, we got massive lag, and the build server went down.
Next, I logged onto Freebuild, and it worked for a short bit, then it, too, failed.

Build still appears to be up, but you cannot connect to it.

Based on this, I believe something ate up all the CPU capacity on the server, rather than the memory.

Have any of the staff contacted Q? Does he even know it's down? Q visited the website around 6 AM EDT today. The idea I'm getting is that he isn't even aware it's down, largely because of the absence of any threads with the title "Server down", etc. While such threads are annoying, they DO serve to alert staff members of a problem.

I'm pretty sure that all Q would have to do to bring it back online is SSH into the box and reboot it or, barring that, call the datacenter and have them hard reset it (some datacenters charge for that, but generally they don't if you're renting the hardware like Q is).

Last edited:
I would imagine he would be notified rather quickly whether it from someone on the server or computer notifications.

I was on when it failed last night. Here is what happened:

First, we got massive lag, and the build server went down.
Next, I logged onto Freebuild, and it worked for a short bit, then it, too, failed.

Build still appears to be up, but you cannot connect to it.

Based on this, I believe something ate up all the CPU capacity on the server, rather than the memory.
For the record the server hard crashed when someone tried to load a stencil on both build and freebuild (wasnt me this time)

Status
Not open for further replies.