• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Build server update

q220

Eru Iluvatar
Staff member
Supporter
Credits
XP
We switched over to PermissionsEx instead of Privileges, which required file conversion. I think that all the data, which were a few hundreds of thousands of user records, carried over succesfully.

If you encounter problems such as commands not working while they should, wrong prefixes, wrong rank, or anything unusual. Please report the problem to this thread or to me personally. Thanks!

Privileges doesn't have UUID support, which would be a real pain in the ass if name changing ever would be available. It also lacks useful features we could use in the future, such as support for mysql.

!Bug! on freebuild the stonesword which should place lava and water places sometimes fire instead! (the ironsword does too so this works right)

Hmm, I'll check about the muting, demoting and promoting should work fine now since wednesday

OB' s can break stuff on plotworld.
It' s not a problem on main because of the job plugin, but if they are demoted while they are offline and log back on on plotworld they could go on a griefing spree.

OB' s can break stuff on plotworld.
It' s not a problem on main because of the job plugin, but if they are demoted while they are offline and log back on on plotworld they could go on a griefing spree.
Needs to be fixed, but the enforcer suite will also fix it.

How do get and play Middle Earth
To join our servers, you must have a Minecraft version from 1.7.2 to 1.7.10. You must have a paid Minecraft account. Now, you can find the IPs of our servers in this page. The main server, where middle-earth is being built, is the Build server. Be sure to read the New Player Guide and later the Next Steps page, as they'll answer most of your questions about the server. It's very important to read the New Player Guide and the Terms of Service and Rules since to actually start building and exploring Middle-earth, you'll have to go through a quiz world whose answers can be found in those pages.

If you have more questions, me and the rest of the Guides will always be in the build server, forums and TeamSpeak to help you.

Last edited: