• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Build tutorial repository

Yes please! Maybe also in plotsquared for the people building there since it's more accessible to newer or not as involved players.

Yes please! Maybe also in plotsquared for the people building there since it's more accessible to newer or not as involved players.

PS sounds good at first but when you think about it there are a few issues that come up:

1) Any plots used for this would count against a player's plot limit.

2) WE and Voxel are available in PS but not in main and people may be tempted to use them to complete tasks.

3) 75x75 is a pretty large area for a tutorial. In my three plots I used every single space available to make a checker-hedron, a pretty sweet 3D Maze, and the world's first hot water ice skating rink. But to use such a large space to make a small hut or a couple of trees while leaving the rest empty seems odd.

Only the first point is likely to be of any real consequence. The other two popped into my head and, although I can't see any real problems with them, I can't completely dismiss them. Just feels like there's something legit I thought of that made me think of those but now I can't recall it so I'm leaving them up to let others explore their potential.

In preparation for new player world having a section on "building tutorials". Can we please allocate somewhere in plotworld for people to put their tutorials that they've used in jobs? I'm guessing the "Stencils" plot area is probably most suitable?
I have been thinking about doing something like this for a little while. We can easily do this for stuff that already has tutorials like Lond Daer ruins but it may take some time putting together other styles. We used to have something like this that also gave a quick guide to the basic do's and don'ts of building that we might be able to replicate or find the old one if y'all think that would be useful.

PS sounds good at first but when you think about it there are a few issues that come up:

2) WE and Voxel are available in PS but not in main and people may be tempted to use them to complete tasks.

3) 75x75 is a pretty large area for a tutorial. In my three plots I used every single space available to make a checker-hedron, a pretty sweet 3D Maze, and the world's first hot water ice skating rink. But to use such a large space to make a small hut or a couple of trees while leaving the rest empty seems odd.

Only the first point is likely to be of any real consequence. The other two popped into my head and, although I can't see any real problems with them, I can't completely dismiss them. Just feels like there's something legit I thought of that made me think of those but now I can't recall it so I'm leaving them up to let others explore their potential.
It would not really count towards any players plot limit, if it is something done by the server staff.

As a general list in no particular order of what I think would be helpful for players of varying experience:

River block mixing
Lake block mixing
Ruin block gradients
Anorien style house
Old-Pukel Land style house(s) (Agar & fishing villages)
Vegetating a marsh
Tree building (species specific)
Road block mixing (varying styles)
Belfalas style house
Moria pillar building
Moria ruining (cracks, fallen debris, collapses)
Hobbit hole
Ships (different sizes)
Farmland
Moorland blockmixs

I'm sure there's more, but that's at least a start. I'm going to guess a lot of people already have some tutorials for these in their freebuild/plotworld areas anyway.
Some examples of instructions below that I did for West Gate lake. They need to be accessible for the age ranges we have on the server, so instructions need to be clear, short and specific.

2023-03-19_21.23.04.png

i don't see any of these as actual issues.

1) The tutorial plots are set up by staff and wouldn't count towards anyone else's plot limit. If people were to use the tutorials they wouldn't be expected to just use one plot for one of these builds, rather they could combine them or use elements from the tutorials on their plots.

2) The use of WE and Voxel doesn't take anything away from the understanding people can gain from following the tutorials, there is no negative effect if people use them when following or taking inspiration from the tutorials. Since WE and Voxel only work on a player's own plot they also won't be able to just copy the tutorial builds, they'd have to do so by eye.

3) Multiple tutorials can be combined in one plot or a section of a finished build the tutorials were made for could be added for inspiration on what these tutorials could be used for. If you're thinking about the plots of the players using the tutorials: Again, no one hast to or would be expected to just copy one build from a tutorial per plot. Rather they can be used as inspiration for parts of a plot build or the plot can be filled in around the "main build" from the tutorial.

Last edited:
Just started an area in the top left of the 'Stencils' area in plots with a number a build tutorials already. No warp yet, but I will try to talk to a staff member about making one, or one might see this and just do it, though warps in plots are a bit finicky. I highly encourage any builders that have any tutorials to go paste them over :)

I have set up the warp /warp Build Tutorials. There may be a small issue with going from main to plots so you may need to be in the same world. But a number of tutorials are already there.