• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Buubadoof

Buubadoof

Expert Stream Digger
Credits
XP
Date: Late May Early July 2016
Jobs: I have participated in a few jobs involving roads, river banks. and detail jobs in larger builds.

The first to links are my recreation of lake town and the last link is my city I'm building in the process.
interests I enjoy Gondorian the most as I like the style and the architecture which I appreciate I like building bedevil related things out side of mine crafts and sometimes some modern or victorian.
Motivation: my motivation is I love to build I lot this server and the family and friendliness of it all. I have been looking for a server like this for a while and now that I found one I want to be a contributing part to this wonderful project. Thank you for considering and I hope I can contribute greatly to this server . my teem build is also up hey i have build a bother theme build a the hobbit hole i would like to get your recomadations and critics about that i have been trying t the your advice and put it toward my building I will be uploading some builds on heard as well in the future. (my work has been tough and tight i apologize)

Last edited:
Thank you for your application!

I have also already checked out your Oliphaunt build, so here is some feedback on that: The Oliphaunts themselves are very nice, proportions seem to match fairly well and their shapes are just perfect, some irregularities to make it look natural, but still looking smooth, overall a very accurate and good reconstruction from the movie models! Also the small details to the ground with the destroyed house and tree really add a lot to the build and make the scene look a lot more lively.

Now one point of critique goes to your choice of materials, and it applies both to the two builds you posted in here as well as the wall in your TB: In all these builds you mainly combine two blocks that have an identical texture, but just a different color. We have made the experience that this often looks a bit strange, that the blocks look not different enough to really make it look interesting, especially if the colors are as close as the yellowish and white bricks in the build above in this post, but it also looks a bit off even if the colors are further apart like in your TB (yellowish and dark grey). So I'd really suggest you choose two main materials with different textures, an interesting example may e.g. be combining the wall in your TB with smooth stone or cobblestone instead of the dark grey bricks.

So either try improving your current Themed Build, or participate in another one which then may show off some more of your skills or make me able to point out some other things you still can improve on! Additionally stick around on the server and if a job should happen to be hosted by a staff member, mkae sure to tune in to it!

Thank you so much for the feed back I will defiantly put it forward for future tasks.I will be sure do do more theme builds as I enjoy them and they can help with my app. Thank you and I hope o will able to join the artist family contribute to this revert greatly

Yes please add your TB too^^

From your four new images I'd like to give you two more tips:
  • Especially in that medieval town shot, the walls of the houses are very flat and don't have a lot of depth; you're combining different materials very well, but the lack of intricate shapes that give the walls a distinct look makes it still look a bit less interesting than it could be. I would like to point out this Youtube video here which covers that topic very well:

and maybe also this one, only the second and fourth point is relevent for you though as you've already got a great eye for choosing a good material palette!

• Then secondly for the skyscraper and the corridor in the last picture: Try not to repeat a simple design too often! In both the skyscraper and the corridor it's basically a two-block wide/high design that is repeated all the way through. Try finding a more intricate design to repeat! (Found another Grian video for that^^