• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Cair Andros Contest

Thatruben

Sneaky Anvil Dropper
Credits
XP
ibbbJJ2MsO6Mu8.png

Cair Andros Build Contest
-registration closed-

As you all know me (Thatruben) and a freshmilkymilk have been working on Cair Andros continuing Ma5terMinD's work. We have done a lot so far in Cair Andros. But there is one area that needs to be done. The main barracks in the northern end. This barracks will be given a contest. One that anyone can participate!

Myself and Fresh have done the keep, and we want the community to do the main barracks. This is a great opportunity for you guys to get your ideas in. This project has been going on for a while now; with Minas Tirith done we should be getting a move on. But it is still a slow project. We hope this contest can boost some people into helping with building the military stronghold of Cair Andros!

Rules:
  • Proportion's:
    • You will be given the piece of land that the barracks will be on. This piece of land has a doted line as to the advised proportions of the building. It can be bigger, but be careful not to make it into something too massive.
  • Team: You can work solo on this contest or in a team. You get until the 25th of July to sign up your team for the contest. Once you've done that you will have a plot (with a code) given to you from one of the Cair staff.
  • Style: We want to give you guys a good amount of freedom with creating your own style for the barracks but if it doesn't fit with the other buildings it will not get implemented. So keep in mind it has to blend in with the surrounding buildings. A tower already built needs to be included in the barracks, preferably next to the cliffs (this tower is right at the start of the area, just ask for it to be placed where you want it). There is another building unfinished that can be used, but it is optional.
  • Time: You will have 2 weeks to finish your version of the barracks. After those 2 weeks the judges will pick a couple finalist. These finalists will be given feedback and 1 week to improve their builds. After that 1 week a winner will be chosen. The first stage starts on the 18th of July (once you've signed up and a plot is given by order of appliance you can start building. The sooner you sign the more time you'll have.)

The warp to the plot area of the contest is: /warp cacontest
Another warp was made so you can see where the piece of land is located on the actual map: /warp cabuild

Team name: <name>
Team participants: <person1>,<person2> etc

First stage will end: 1/8/2014
Second "Final" will end: 10/8/2014

Participating teams:

1. One Man Team (plot: CA1)
  2. Klemvanfire (plot: CA2)
  3. France (plot: CA3)
  4. Cain't Buildros (plot: CA4)
  5. ¿Qué? (plot: CA5)
  6. Me and Shen (plot: CA6)
  7. Heriage and jty (plot: CA7)
  8. Angelimar (plot: CA8)
  9. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (plot: CA9)
  10. Kheled-Dum FTW (plot: CA10)
  11. BSA (plot: CA11)
  12. cowithouthead (plot: CA12)
  13. BuilderFromTheMines (plot: CA13)
  14. Warriortoad (plot: CA14)
  15. Seal3824 (plot: CA15)
  16. JustThrallingAround (plot: CA16)
  17. Team Gandalf (plot: CA17)
  18. Soccer Player (plot: CA18)

The final week is here!

Finalist Teams:

1. One Man Team (plot: CA1)
  2. Klemvanfire (plot: CA2)
  3. ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ (plot: CA9)
Thank you to all the other teams that participated on this, we couldn't do it without you!
To the finalist teams you will later receive a pm with the changes that are needed.

The time has come!

To announce the winner of the contest! ...But first let me thank all the people that participated, it was very fun making this journey with you ^^ So without further adoo... the winner is...

Team ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Disclaimer:
a) If your team won it will be used in Cair Andros but it might receive small modifications to include a cellar or style adjustments.
b) In the rare case if none of the buildings fit in we, will make one together with the teams that are closest to fit the style.
c) The time may be extended if the judges cant agree on the finalist or if a finalist team asks for time extension with a valid reason (i.e. illness or other real life stuff).
d) The rules and this post can be subject to change.

Last edited:
Is it possible to do a solo project and work as part of somebody elses team too?

Team Name: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Team Participants:
aaldim, K1sK1BBab35, mattlego, oth, bender

Last edited:
Team Name:BSA
Team Participants: only me at the moment... I will update this if necessary

Last edited: