• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Cair Andros

Thatruben

Sneaky Anvil Dropper
Credits
XP
Cair Andros

Project Leader: Thatruben
Reserve Leader: freshmilkymilk
Project Staff: Ma5terMinD

Background lore:

Meaning: Ship of Long Foam

Location: An island in the River Anduin, between Anórien on the western shore and North Ithilien on the eastern shore.

Description: So they came to a wide green land, and beyond it was a broad river in a silver haze, out of which rose a long wooded isle, and many ships lay by its shores. […]

For the Field of Cormallen, where the host was now encamped was near to Henneth Annûn, and the stream that flowed from its falls could be heard in the night as it rushed down through its rocky gate, and passed through the flowery meads into the tides of Anduin by the Isle of Cair Andros

The Return of the King, LoTR Book 6, Ch 4, The Field of Cormallen

[The] isle was shaped like a great ship, with a high prow pointing north, against which the white foam of Anduin broke on sharp rocks.

The Peoples of Middle-Earth, HoME Vol 12, Part 2, Ch 12, The Problem of Ros

It was Túrin that […] fortified again the isle of Cair Andros to defend Anórien.

The Return of the King, LoTR Appendix A, Annals of the Kings and Rulers: Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion: The Stewards

[The island was a strategic point for Gondor in the war against Mordor, because it was the only place except for Osgiliath at which large number of troops could easily cross the river at once:]

[Denethor says:] And the Enemy must pay dearly for the crossing of the River. That he cannot do, in force to assail the City, either north of Cair Andros because of the marshes, or southwards towards Lebennin because of the breadth of the River, that needs many boats.

The Return of the King, LoTR Book 5, Ch 4, The Siege of Gondor

[It is one of the crossing points used by the Rangers of Ithilien, although perhaps not the only one. It may be the principal route for messages, since a number of horses are kept on the Anórien bank. Faramir uses this route to return to Minas Tirith and, from his remarks, it appears there were only four horses available at the time.]

They named themselves Mablung and Damrod, soldiers of Gondor, […] Rangers of Ithilien […] who crossed the Anduin secretly (how or where, they would not say) to harry the Orcs and other enemies that roamed between the Ephel Dúath and the River.

The Two Towers, LoTR Book 4, Ch 4, Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit

[Faramir says:] Yestereve I lay at Cair Andros, the long isle in the River northward which we hold in defence; and horses are kept on the hither bank. As the dark drew on I knew that haste was needed, so I rode thence with three others that could also be horsed.>

(Information gathered from: http://www.henneth-annun.net/resources/places_view.cfm?PLID=60)

The Project:

As you know this project has been going for a few months. The island has been terraformed, the walls have been erected and both the keep and docks have been built. But there is still a lot to do!
We need to make the remaining buildings and, according to the lore we gathered, some ruins and trees are left.

Map of the project:
IZQdS29.jpg

Orange
-
Watchtower, barracks and dungeons;
Purple - Small tavern and some houses (maybe);
Yellow - Barracks, eating area, training ground;
Red - Armory, workshop and briefing area;
Blue - Destroyed tower;
Brown - Stables;
Green - Storage bay.
(The map will be updated as the project continues)

To do list:

(done = :D / in progress = :cool: / not done = :rolleyes:)

Brown - Stables: :D
Yellow - Barracks, eating area, training ground: :D
Red - Armory, workshop and briefing area: :D
Blue - Destroyed tower: :D
Orange - Watchtower, barracks and dungeons: :D
Purple - Small tavern and some houses (maybe): :D
Green - Storage bay: :D
Ruins/damaged buildings: :D
Roads: :D
Forestation: :D

And here is an image for inspiration:
Cair_andros.jpg

F.A.Q:
If you have any questions that you think are relevant please tell me.

If you have anything that you think is relevant or any questions dont hesitate to inform me or post on this thread.

Cair Andros is finished!
May the work you do be your finest!

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'm done with the "Armory, workshop, and briefing area." If you want to check it over once more, that would probably be good:)

Found a few little things here and there, but the most glaring was this completely unsupported portcullis winch (and another just like it on the same building):

A lot of the other winches I've found need some degree of work, as well.

Was looking through warps today...found this...
0a98v9Z.png
rwBJjeQ.png
6d0ggZA.png

Scrap al' dat' stuf' done by Ma5, fresh, ruben, and co, this is much better.
lol @Iru

When are you guys gonna get this done? It's been going for over 3 months since ruben took it over, and it had been started quite a while before that by ma5. Not including the time that ma5 was gone, that's nearly as long as it took to finish Minas Tirith.

Sorry if I sound kind of mad - I'm just really ready for this to be done;)

When are you guys gonna get this done? It's been going for over 3 months since ruben took it over, and it had been started quite a while before that by ma5. Not including the time that ma5 was gone, that's nearly as long as it took to finish Minas Tirith.

Sorry if I sound kind of mad - I'm just really ready for this to be done;)
I guess now as @Thatruben is free'd of his theatre project he can bring this to a proper end.