• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Suggestion Calendar

Quazor

Dirt Conaisseur
Developer
Commoner
Credits
XP
I just noticed Archimdes announces a few nice schedules that will be happening from now on.

It would be nice to have a calendar somewhere for all the schedules put forward. that way it would be easier to attend all the events and plan upfront :)

For the Winter Events we published a calendar! It was good for some quick visual information, but it wasn't a thing that could be automatically be updated by inputting data. That being said, I've previously made some calendar designs that I'd presented to the Guides, but it would be amazing if it became an automatic updatable feature on the server. Here are some samples:

columns2.png

If there ends up being a calendar feature somewhere, I'd be happy to work on layouting :)

Attachments

• Winter Events summary.png
    Winter Events summary.png
    2 MB · Views: 157
Where would such an updateable calendar be fitting?
On the forum?
On the wiki?
Ingame with blocks?

You going out of bag end and see a giant board with what is going to happen and when
That'd be disgusting. :p
I could see it in a couple of ways... It could be part of a book or gui you can open within your inventory with soon upcoming events (Today, This week, Later this month).
It could be a section on the forums just with a monthly rough overview of what's planned, in the form of an image like what Sevy showed. (Events can be on day or even week specified and further specified through discord.)
It could be both...

This was discussed between myself and @Sevy689 a few months before the Winter Event in setting up an public calandar / event planner that would be accessible. The premise was to allow players to view an itinenary with a catching design to draw more attention that highlights certain dates. The aforementioned photograph Sevy posted was an inception of that, but something still in the works.

I guess the next step was intending to faciliate in some standard process where we could keep the calander function indefinatley i.e having a dedicated Discord Channel that would encompass the calander for the respective month, somewhere in the announcements section. Players will then have something to refer to in this case.

I believe in discussing the calander with @q220 (If I recall), there some new Xenforo features the Forums that would a calander.

Best practise would be something that would be streamlined and updated reguarly to ensure thorough publicity of upcoming events.

It could be both...

I recon that the forum alone would lose a lot of attention, whilst doing it ingame (too) would give more visibility.

Best practise would be something that would be streamlined and updated reguarly to ensure thorough publicity of upcoming events.
Agreed. Question is can we link up systems to automatically give some sort of calendar in MC and the forum... I do not know if this forum supports calender/agenda by default.

Yeah there's a calendar addon for Xenforo but not sure if that's what we need. I'll enable it and show you some of its features.

The hyperlink URL is redirecting to the wrong page, however the link itself seesm to provide indeed a base implementation of some sorts. No idea how much we can tinker around with it within the framework