• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Carrots

Thoughts?

• Ready to implement!

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Needs work still!

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Feedback is appreciated as changes are easy!

TEXTURES:
Filename:
carrots_stage_0
Resource Pack: All
Texture image:
A8qn1Jv.png

Filename:
carrots_stage_1
Texture image:

1Ix93pN.png

Filename:
carrots_stage_2
Texture image:

tqcybo7.png

Filename:
carrots_stage_3
Texture image:

fxawnmt.png

ICONS:
Filename:
carrot
Icon Image:
83vBOJp.png

Filename:
carrot_golden
Icon Image:
3fyJyy4.png

In-game Images:
9oC3tMN.png

1JPkhEM.png

Last edited:
Yep looks great! And with this texture you already pretty much solved the growing carrots in rows i'd say; looks like now you easily can walk to all the plants without stepping on the carrots.

About half of people have put "needs work" in the survey - does anybody have some feedback to improve? Just saying it needs work doesnt help me improve it...

I am glad you guys like them tho :) I will work on creating icons for them to go along with it

UPDATE: Added icons for the "carrot" and "carrot_golden"

Last edited:
I wish you could have a 9th carrot in the middle :/
I really like the icons though.

edit: i mean 9 as in 9 actual carrots in the texture not 9 stages

Last edited:
I wish you could have a 9th carrot in the middle :/
I really like the icons though.
Yeah, I was actually very disappointed by the fact that minecraft only allows 4 stages of growth for carrots/potatoes considering I originally planned for 8 like wheat. That being said, I think it worked well enough for what is possible.

The carrots were a little too bright so I made a new variant that is more mellowed out, it looks much better imo
ZpMr46e.png
C2SH46D.png
TXUqf7M.png
QjjQngo.png

The texture for the actual crop looks good, but I think the actual items for the carrot and golden carrot look a bit off, maybe too bright. Other than that, it looks good!