• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Chamber of Light Temple contest & Buildday!

I just want to see them in real Moria, because in plotworld they look so different i think.
I just wonder how it would look and it would be a good way to get pics for mcme-times.

The build-day will start at 12:00 GMT.
The winning plot will be announced and pasted in at the end of the day.

We'll keep building as long as everybody wants to and we can build after the announcement as well.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Announcement

First of all I would like to thank everyone for participating in the Build day! We made good progress again, every plot has been claimed!

Secondly, artists can ask me to assign them to the CoLSpecial plots. Please do this in game.

The decision has also been made to extend the time of the contest to Sunday December 18th 2016.
Three finalists have been selected and given in depth feedback on their plots.
The finalists are:
Plot #9 by @ooitsbirdo
Plot #2 by @TheFunnyFace
Plot #1 by apparantly everyone else (@Ganderp @NicTheFifth @Patrick_0901 @ZarukAcerbus )

I hope to see some very nice plots!

Last edited:
Goodday ladies and gentlemen,

Everyone on the server wants to do the fun stuff, the big builds, the castles, the landmarks. Everyone had their own plans for places like the Dome of the Stars, the Aldburg Keep, the Ost-in-Edhil Forge. Everyone wants to build, or at least help build, these structures because they are cool looking and they are the builds other players see and admire.
Before I took over the lead of the Chamber of Light from @Finrod_Amandil , even before I was promoted to designer, there was talk of a contest for the temple in this very chamber. I do not know where this talk started and this is impossible to track down, but everyone seemed to know there was going to be a contest.
Then @Despot666 , who is in charge of Moria, of which the Chamber of Light is a part, started working on the temple, or at least the base.
I was asked so many times about the contest.
I was asked so incredibly often that I discussed this with Fin and Desp and the decision was made to do a contest for the middle part of the temple. This being decided I set up the contest and participants started coming in. Almost all of the 10 prepared plots where taken and people started work on them. But only for a week or two.
Unfortunately after all the interest in the temple none of the plots were completed on time for the deadline and even after we extended the time for the three most promising plots, nothing came out.
As a result, we have now decided that the temple will be built by a group of staffmembers.

Merry Christmas,

Beet

Not really, it's that nothing got finished
I finished mine at saturday!?????:(:(:(:(:mad:
This is a just a suggestion from a third party, but would it be possible to use the "best" contest build at least in part? This could mean anything from using pillar designs to using the basic layout to using the color combinations etc, I just think it is a little bit silly to just throw away a contest when I am sure any build can be adjusted to meet our standards..

Do you mean nothing was good enough?

Even though you did finish your plot in such a way that there is no wool left on your plot, which appears to be an achievement on its own, you are still missing a staircase, which was compulsory from day one.

Even though you did finish your plot in such a way that there is no wool left on your plot, which appears to be an achievement on its own, you are still missing a staircase, which was compulsory from day one.
Do you mean I need something like ONE central staircase? Just asking because I have 4 staircases, one in each pillar. Isn't that enough?

Since I had to work alot during the time of this contest I couldn't participate. But @Ivan1pl was kind enough to copy paste a plot for me which I started yesterday and finished today.
I have no expectations for it to be used, I just wanted to try building it. You can find it at the end of the plots