• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted chipped_cherry's Guide Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipped_Cherry

Manager
Staff member
Manager
Supporter
Credits
XP
Minecraft Username: chipped_cherry
Date Joined: 3 September 2021
What country are you from/What time do you usually play online: I’m from Norway. I play very randomly, but mostly late European hours (sometimes also in American hours). But I check discord throughout the day.
Are you regularly on our voice communication? Yes
Do you talk on our voice communication? Yes

Why would you like to be a Guide?
I want to be a Guide because since I joined, I've really enjoyed helping people, explaining things, and getting involved with what is happening on the server. I think the Guides are the first people adventurers encounter, and it is a very important job to welcome them and help them however needed to get them involved with the community. I’ve wanted to become a guide since I first joined the server, and saw how helpful and involved they were, I would really enjoy doing the same for adventurers (cause we need more Guides).

What makes a great Guide according to you?
A great Guide is active, friendly and welcoming in the community, enjoys being helpful, and is knowledgeable in both Tolkien and MCME lore. They also take part in hosting and organizing events to make both new and older players have some fun on the server (both in Discord and in Minecraft). Being welcoming and helpful is very important to make new players want to stay.

What are your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Guide role?
My strengths are that I am very active in the community, and I enjoy helping others and explaining things even though it can be repetitive. I also like hosting and organizing events other people can participate in (for example Movie Night). Although my weaknesses are that I’m not that confident in doing tours, and I feel like my Tolkien lore could be improved.

What experience have you had on MCME?
Most of my experience in MCME has been great, and I am very thankful for the community we have. Throughout this year I’ve joined jobs, had plots and helped a lot of people in multiple ways including guiding them through the Paths of the Dead and answering questions in serverchat. When I applied for the minigame badge, I was very excited to be able to let people explore the world in another way by doing races or hide and seek in different villages and towns.

Hey Cherry,

Thanks for applying for Guide! We're discussing your application at the moment, we'll get back to you soon! You may be asked to carry out a trial period, which includes running events, minigames, and tours. You'll be expected to conduct many of them through voice chat on our Discord. For now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask @Smaug_Niphredil, @Givet10_, any of the Guides, or myself.

Hey Cherry,

The Guides have discussed your application and we have decided that we would like to see a trial tour from you. After this tour you may be asked to complete the trial period Shen mentioned. This tour should be of one or more locations on the map and you should use Discord for the tour. The tour should also be no longer than 40 minutes. Please message me on Discord to arrange a time for your tour.

Hello Cherry

Thank you for your trial tour today. We have discussed your application and your trial tour, and we would like to give you a trial period. Here are just a few reminders about your one month trial period that should end around 5 September.

As per the application guidelines, it's up to you to keep this post updated. Whenever you do a tour, minigame, event or so on, it's up to you to let us know in here.

At some point towards the end of your trial period, you will be expected to complete another trial tour as well. Once again, it's up to you to let us know the details of that, specifically the date and time you'd like to do it and where you'd like it to take place. It can be whenever you want, so long as you communicate your ideas over to us!

We'll support you through it. If there's anything you want announcing in #alerts, then let us know. If there's anything you'd like the Guides explicitly to be at, then once again say it down below. We'll keep you updated from time to time, with feedback or updates regarding your application.

Good luck!

I ran a few hide and seek and a couple of geoguessr a bit after my trial tour, but wanted to wait a bit with updating the app. I also ran some rounds of hide and seek today :)
2022-08-05_22.21.14_2.png
2022-08-09_00.45.23.png

On Saturday I ran quite a bit of minigames. There were around 7 h&s, 3 geoguessr, one or two races and a quiz.
Today I ran two rounds of geoguessr, but forgott to take a picture.

(The picture is from one of the h&s rounds)
2022-08-13_23.46.47_2.png
)

Status
Not open for further replies.