• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Cinematics MCME

Do I have to go on with this?

• YES! Noice!

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No! We don't actually need it.

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Hm I think the camera movement is a bit too smooth and flowing. The shaders and resolution etc are great (maybe a bit higher render distance would be nice as well), but for the camera movement I would not have the same flow for longer than 10 seconds or so and I wouldn't have it so slowly spinning (in one shot the camera goes up and down and rotates almost 360 degrees).

A nice example is the Anfalas showcase by @_Luk. Most of the shots are 5 seconds long, which works really well with the music as well. And the camera doesn't turn more than 45 degrees or so, it only turns when following an object such as a tower, but once again, it doesn't spin that much around it. Also it jumps to the next shot at a drum beat from the music, which is a really nice effect. Another nice effect is that the camera jumps 5 blocks or so forward at a drumbeat, which speeds it all up a bit and keeps the attention to the video.

Cool so ill have to go on?
So glad to see someone giving cinematics a try! We are in desperate need! I think it is never a bad idea to keep trying more tests ;)
Hm I think the camera movement is a bit too smooth and flowing. The shaders and resolution etc are great (maybe a bit higher render distance would be nice as well), but for the camera movement I would not have the same flow for longer than 10 seconds or so and I wouldn't have it so slowly spinning (in one shot the camera goes up and down and rotates almost 360 degrees).

A nice example is the Anfalas showcase by @_Luk. Most of the shots are 5 seconds long, which works really well with the music as well. And the camera doesn't turn more than 45 degrees or so, it only turns when following an object such as a tower, but once again, it doesn't spin that much around it. Also it jumps to the next shot at a drum beat from the music, which is a really nice effect. Another nice effect is that the camera jumps 5 blocks or so forward at a drumbeat, which speeds it all up a bit and keeps the attention to the video.

I agree. I thought most of it was great until that rapid turn at the end, which was somewhat nauseating to me. I much prefer slow pans of an area with switches that correspond to the music.

I would definitely try complete locations as well! That way we dont have to just go back and redo it later once DA is done.

How do you get such high renderdistance? My big problem now is renderdistance and chunks not loading. :/