• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Community Quest Submission Thread

KinkySauron

Yellow Flower Puncher
Credits
XP
Hello Fellow MCMEers,

The Project
This is a different world than the main adventure/build world
We are in the process of developing an RPG gamemode in the Shire, Bree, and surrounding areas. The RPG will be focused on economy, quests, adventure, and social engagement. It will provide adventurers and commoners with something to do when they aren't participating in jobs, events, and theme builds while also providing our builders with an opportunity to take a break from working to enjoy a leisurely evening in Hobbiton with a weed pipe or an evening filled with dangerous adventure in Annuminas.

Red - Dangerous
Yellow - Semi-Dangerous
Green - Safe
qgPDCs3atOWrKHVzjez60ummk-s4f1hwhuq0QtASw17llobX0MhzIDWvwgqKZIF6BE8THNFwiVau7i-7lRe_cg66l-4gEiCBnD3pVgPzS7qD6VZzNz9KXOuxj5FqhH8gMuM3NU-7

What will you be able to do?
Players will be able to engage in player-led events, PvE, PvP, guild creations, political campaigns for mayor and judges, Jobs, peaceful and dangerous quests, wars, and more. The limit is your imagination :)

What is this thread for?
This thread is an opportunity for you include your ideas in the development of this gamemode by providing unique quests for us to add. Some examples of quests are attached below.

Rules for Submissions:
1. Avoid Profanity or any other words or ideas that may break the guidelines set by MCME
2. Submissions should either follow lore relating to the region of middle earth, realistic scenarios following concepts from historic quests or IRL economies, or scenarios that will enhance a player's experience.
3. Try to limit your word count in the quest title to 6 words.
4. Provide a vivid description of your idea for each quest (if applicable)

Outline for submissions:

1. Title of Quest
2. Description of Quest
4. Proposed location for the quest in the Shire, Bree, Fornost, Annuminas, Bareketta, Maegoth, Archet, Barrow Downs, Sarnford, Weathertop, or Midgewater (if applicable)
3. Attach links to any references used

Examples:

Warping will be OFF during quests

Economy Quests:
  1. Welcome to the Shire - Speak to Frodo Baggins at the spawn location
  2. Stepping out the door - Visit the Green Dragon and buy a drink
  3. A Helping Hand - Adelard Took reported that a thief stole 14 of her wheat in Barrow Downs! Take this information to the Shirrifs department. (Also See Crimestopper)
  4. Long past due - Old man Blanco Bracegirdle’s crops are ready for harvest, but he is far too old to do it himself. Help him reap harvest!
  5. Out of drink - The Prancing Pony has run out of ale, go to the brewery nearby and bring 2 barrels of ale to Barliman Butterbur
  6. Leaf for Isengard - A mysterious old man has come to the shire requesting the finest weed in the land, longbottom leaf. Journey to the south farthing and bring 1 stack of longbottom leaf to the man, in return he shall pay you greatly
  7. Gamwich to the Rescue- Samwise Gamgee is in dire need of rope but is busy with the Bag End garden. He needs you to get him the finest rope in the Shire. He tells you can get it in Gamwich, his hometown. Just make sure to tell them you are a friend of Samwise. Venture to Gamwich, get Samwise the rope, and get a reward
PvE Quests:
  1. CrimeStopper - Help Shirrifs locate Adelard Took’s thief (see ‘A helping hand’)
  2. ZombieSlayer - Zombies have attacked one of poor Aderard Tooks daughters!! You must speak to Everard Took and help her defeat the zombies to keep Aderard’s daughter safe!
  3. Gifts in the Barrow - Dwarves delivering gifts to the party for Bilbo foolishly took the path through the barrow downs, find the way through the great barrow, resisting and fighting off the wights to save the dwarves if possible and retrieve the gifts
PvP Quests:
  1. Challenger - Challenge another player to a fair duel.
  2. Victor - Win a duel
  3. Keeping the Peace - Slay a fugitive player (bad reputation)
  4. Brought to Justice - Slay a player in the wild who has killed a peaceful player
Adventure Quests:

1. Swept off your feet - Journey to Bree
  2. The Mailman - Take a letter from Bree to Marmadoc Brandybuck in Michel Deving
  3. River crossing - Pearl Took needs to deliver a message to Fatty Bolger on the other side of buckleberry ferry, but the ferry is on the other side of the river and Pearl does not have the energy to walk to brandywine bridge. Find a way to the other side of the river and send the ferry over to Pearl
  4. The Lost Realm Of Arnor - Enter the city of Annuminas
Crafting Quests:
  1. Woodsman - Collect 24 wood for Bodo Proud Foot
  2. Miner - Help Bandy Proudfoot collect 50 cobblestone.
  3. The Halfling’s Leaf - Craft a batch of longbottom leaf
  4. Brewery - Create 1 barrel of ale that heals 2 hearts

Last edited:
We talked about stuff like that all the evening with Q
I think in this idea there are some stuff that makes me atually wonder:
1. It shouldn't be on the mainserver, it should be accessible through a lobby maybe the new playerworld
2. There are good example and working example on Minecraft rpg vanilla with quests and stuff, some of the ideas here seems very hard to code and to make them work properly.
3. Do we really have free coders willing to code all this stuff and maintain it? Eriol is pretty busy doing other stuff for the server so i'm not sure about the manpower of the coding team RN.
4. We could easilly work with some other server that already have something like this and maybe cooperate for something.
5. If we work on that it shouldn't be a "chill place when no jobs" if we manage to get a RPG LOTR on minecraft we will be flooded by people, and that will need us to maintain a decent balanced experience, fix bugs keep giving new content, balance OP stuff etc.
6. Also the current map doesn't work out for a RPG experience yet! It needs buildings made for quests and stuff to avoid making the rpg experience a total mess!

I will spam this treat with ideas and questions :p
Exploration Quests
1. Visit all inns in eriador(later maybe change in the middle earth)
2. Visit all ruins
Adventure Quests
1. Take the ring to rivendell( obviously)
2. Two kids stole Gandalf's firework. Take it back before hurting themselves (maybe with time?)
Build Quests
1. Have one theme accepted (you have to finish a theme, submit it as finish and artist+(or designer+, idk what you will decide) has to say it is on MCME level building or close to that
2. Join job
3. Join 5 jobs
4. Join 20 jobs
5. Have plot accepted
6. Have 10 plots accepted
7. To get rewards like items or money in the rpg
Items
1. Maybe to not have only the basic Minecraft items and enchants but to have "magical" weapons as described by Tolkien in the books(I will check tomorrow what I mean xD)
2. We can add some limited items. Let's say 5 mithril armors on the whole server that you can get only from specific place and when there are no more you have to kill the player that has it and get it from him or buy it(that may lead to people buying items from each other for real money tho)
Questions
1. I am assuming we want to go with something similar to the world of tolkin for the rpg?
2. What are the plans for the items and weapons?
3. Won't mobs lag the server?
4. Can you describe what you have in mind a little better :p

That for now. I have to sleep. When I have stuff in head I will tell

Ah yea. Tyran remanded me.
Is it going to be on the main map or we will have one world for that and one for just exploring?

We're gonna have one map for this RPG and one for the exploring/continued building.

Below is what we're most likely going to use
qgPDCs3atOWrKHVzjez60ummk-s4f1hwhuq0QtASw17llobX0MhzIDWvwgqKZIF6BE8THNFwiVau7i-7lRe_cg66l-4gEiCBnD3pVgPzS7qD6VZzNz9KXOuxj5FqhH8gMuM3NU-7

We talked about stuff like that all the evening with Q
I think in this idea there are some stuff that makes me atually wonder:
1. It shouldn't be on the mainserver, it should be accessible through a lobby maybe the new playerworld
2. There are good example and working example on Minecraft rpg vanilla with quests and stuff, some of the ideas here seems very hard to code and to make them work properly.
3. Do we really have free coders willing to code all this stuff and maintain it? Eriol is pretty busy doing other stuff for the server so i'm not sure about the manpower of the coding team RN.
4. We could easilly work with some other server that already have something like this and maybe cooperate for something.
5. If we work on that it shouldn't be a "chill place when no jobs" if we manage to get a RPG LOTR on minecraft we will be flooded by people, and that will need us to maintain a decent balanced experience, fix bugs keep giving new content, balance OP stuff etc.
6. Also the current map doesn't work out for a RPG experience yet! It needs buildings made for quests and stuff to avoid making the rpg experience a total mess!
So I'm mainly the one working on this right now, there's been some decent development on this idea so far as I've been working on this on and off for almost 2 years now. It is a seperate world as I told maski and there will be a cut off part of the map for it :)

So I'm mainly the one working on this right now, there's been some decent development on this idea so far as I've been working on this on and off for almost 2 years now. It is a seperate world as I told maski and there will be a cut off part of the map for it :)
Ah finally some work on this. Welcome back! I have nothing helpful to add except Adelard and Everard Took are both guys.

Six word title, you say? For sale: baby shoes, never worn.

Tom Bombadil quest
Collect water lillies for him(let's say 10)
Place: outside of the safe zone of the house, a little after old man willow

Taking quest from Bree
Someone's husband went to annuminas to explore explore the ruins but hasn't returned from 2 weeks.
Brind him back alive
When you go he will be in the royal halls or in the library
Maybe even help him to write down the ruins

Last edited:
less of a quest, more of a question/suggestion: would there be monsters etc in the red areas like orcs or would everything be player based?

less of a quest, more of a question/suggestion: would there be monsters etc in the red areas like orcs or would everything be player based?
I suppose it'd mean walking into middle-earth styled mobs (with zombies and skeletons looking like orcs, big spiders of course). And pvp being disabled in the safe area's. and PVP enabled in the semi-safe areas but no mob-spawning? Just guessing here

Yep :) There's going to be different mobs like trolls, orks, etc in red areas. Yellow areas will only have pvp as JarNo_Way said as well as 'wild men.' Which are NPCs that are hostile in yellow areas but do not come often.

1. Title of Quest
Flower Finding
2. Description of Quest
A hobbit asks you to find his wife's favorite kind of flower. He will need ten to make a bouquet. Then you will have to wander the countryside and collect ten flowers.
4. Proposed location for the quest in the Shire, Bree, Fornost, Annuminas, Bareketta, Maegoth, Archet, Barrow Downs, Sarnford, Weathertop, or Midgewater (if applicable)
All the flowers could probably be found in one farthing of the Shire.

1. Title of Quest

Troll trouble

2. Description of Quest

A group of trolls have come down from the mountains and are causing disruption

you will need to get rid of them by luring them away with meat or by turning them to stone

4. Proposed location for the quest

Barrow Downs

Last edited: