• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Compatibility Pack

Will_Slams

Worthy of Mordor
Credits
XP
Hello MCME!

I'm in the process of developing an unofficial resource pack for our community, dubbed the "Compatibility Pack." The idea behind it is to take the textures from our resource packs and put them into one pack, rearranging them to fit their vanilla block purpose. The result will be a resource pack that can be used comfortably in Singleplayer survival and on other, non-MCME servers.
But I am frankly only a mediocre texturer, so I need some help with this. Here's a list of all the stuff that needs a texture, and some stuff we may want to change. This list will be subject to change, as human memory isn't the most reliable thing.

Blocks that need textures: (can be your own, or found in one of the packs)
Brewing Stand
Ender Pedestal
Bricks
All rails
Podzol
Sponge
Redstone Block
Redstone Repeaters and Comparators
Pistons
Melon Stems
Mushrooms

Textures that need blocks:
Shingles (Rivendell or Gondor, and what block to use?)
Bed (which one of ours do we use?)

Things you may want changed:
Changed Stone Pitchfork and Diamond Battleaxe into swords
Using Marble Block as Chiseled Quartz
Using Lothlorien Soul Sand texture
Removed beard on Diamond Armor
Using Black Wool from the Gondor pack as the Coal Block
Using Orthanc Basalt as Nether Brick
My terrible Snowball texture
My terrible title screen image (it's all blurry and off-center)
Iron Bars (do we use Eriador, Rohan, or Gondor ones?)

Other:
Mobs
Any items that have no texture
Anything I missed up there :p

This pack is not meant to be used on the MCME servers, and won't be posted anywhere but our own site.

Here's the download: http://mcmiddleearth.com/resources/compatibility-pack-1-0.15/

Last edited: