• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

[Competition] Arena

JordD04

One Of Us, One of Us
Credits
XP
Allo chaps,
as you know the MCME summer festival is coming up, and in the festival we will be having some minigame pvp stuff. I need an arena built, it needs to be reasonably large, enough to hold up to 20 people and wide enough to facilitate the use of bows.
That is all, if you've made one, let me know and post a screenshot bellow. Once the time grows nearer, i'll select one or two of the best ones and use it in the festival.

Good luck all!

A few of the current entries
B61ELpu.png

KP0w8F8.png

3_zpsdaf90fd6.png
e3hsgNx.png

Thankyou to everyone who competed, it was difficult to come to a decision but I selected 2 that I would like to begin running with. More may be added later.
The Winners are:
B61ELpu.png

e3hsgNx.png

Last edited:
This is probably a dump question but does is need lotr theming?
I should clear up that it would be ideal if it used the MCME Resource Packs. It's not essential for it to be LOTR themed but it'd be nice to use the MCME resource packs.
If you wanna try something that's not LOTR related go for it, just make sure it doesn't need some weird Sci-Fi resource pack or something.

Do we build this on freebuild,
Maybe stupid. But no warp has to be provided
I think it makes no sence if we do this on freebuild u need much terraforming for this :p

And also do u want a spawn like in the hunger games maps or something specific?

When is the summer event going to be? Late july? early august? have i missed a announcement for it?

Do we build this on freebuild,
Maybe stupid. But no warp has to be provided
Don't build it on freebuild, build it in a separate world in SP or something.
I think it makes no sence if we do this on freebuild u need much terraforming for this :p

And also do u want a spawn like in the hunger games maps or something specific?
Don't worry about the spawn, it's a real pain to teleport people to specific locations, I'll probably just tp everyone to the center and then have a few seconds of invulnerability for people to spread out.

Do you want it to have terrain inside of it, or just flat? Could you give a general idea of the length and width of the arena? Either that, or do you want it to be constant close combat (very intense), or more of a hunger games style, where you have to find the other contestants and then fight them?

Do you want it to have terrain inside of it, or just flat? Could you give a general idea of the length and width of the arena? Either that, or do you want it to be constant close combat (very intense), or more of a hunger games style, where you have to find the other contestants and then fight them?
It should be completely flat, and neither of those are what I'm looking for. You should be able to see everyone in the arena at one time but not so small/cramped that you can always hit someone with an arrow.

Change in plan. Add obstacles please, towers, walls, whatever. It might need to be a bit bigger now though.

You should be able to see everyone in the arena at one time but not so small/cramped that you can always hit someone with an arrow.
This, with the obstacles in consideration, means that, if the arena is a circle, it needs to have about a 50-60 block diameter. That big?
Also, I'm assuming there should be seating around the arena?

I like to be sure I know what I'm building before starting:D

This, with the obstacles in consideration, means that, if the arena is a circle, it needs to have about a 50-60 block diameter. That big?
Also, I'm assuming there should be seating around the arena?

I like to be sure I know what I'm building before starting:D
Not too concerned about functional seating, it just needs to look pretty mostly. and you might be better of with a size of about 40m. But it's really down to you.

Just wondering, when Is the summer festival?
Pshhh dont ask staff about this thats likr asking the 'r' word

And im thinking about making a part of the seating reach able, would this be ok?