• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cooking for Dragons! *Halloween Edition*

ItsMeJade

Dirt Conaisseur
Commoner
Credits
XP
Cooking for Dragons! *Halloween Edition*
By: ItsMeJade and Archimdes

fjfjfjfj.jpg

Welcome back beautiful people of MCME!
Since the Cooking for Hobbits event was such a great success, we have decided to keep going and surprise you with the next challenge!! :)

What do dragons eat? I have asked myself this question too. I can understand that it must sound weird to prepare food for a dragon. So, I have concluded that dragons eat loads of meat, but only if it's cooked. (I think they might as well eat humans, but again, only if cooked :p)

Anyhow, while it is spooktober, we would love to give this challenge a Halloween twist to it. (This gives you the chance to make it as horrific as possible)
So use loads of blood, get your decorations out, and may the spookiest meal win!

Here are the criteria:
- The meal MUST be edible (so more food than decorations, not more decorations than food)
- The meal MUST be cooked by YOURSELF (no cheating)
- Keep in mind that you have until the 31st of October 12pm (your timezone)

!!! Please hand in your meals here, by taking pictures of course. Give your meal a unique name, list the ingredients, and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!

We will choose the winners based on their food, decorations, spooky vibes, and originality!!!

Happy cooking!!!!

- ItsMeJade and Archimdes

The resurrection of my last entry from "Cooking for Hobbits! Event"

-If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. -Zen Cho

Spaghetti al Viking

20200722_182834.jpg

Ingredients:
Ground meat
Yellow onion
Margarine
Grounded tomatos
Tomatopaste
Spaghetti
Black and white pepper
Salt
Rapeseed oil
Paprika powder
Water
Parsley
Thyme
Garlic
Ketchup
And finally some love

Later mixed in some cheese and corn in it

Last edited:

The Flame of Udun

The orcs of Mordor usually only ever eat raw meat, maggoty bread, or some good grog.

However, the evil, 'turnt', human servants of the Dark Lord Sauron that reside within his realm

require heightened cuisine from time to time. In such a time, "The Flame of Udun" is prepared!

20201027_184546.jpg

A steak is required from the finest of Nurn or Easterling cows. Then the lovely flank is prepared with a secret sauce of spicy fire to keep the flame of Sauron's wrath

alive even in the dining hall and in both the hearts and appetites of his subjects. Sometimes a side will be prepared with potatoes and squashes under a buttery

sauce, all provided from Nurn or the Easterlings. The smoothness of the side resembles how easily the foes of Sauron fall! A very delicious plate for a very

ferocious palette.

Ingredients: Everything in this picture, Ill try to explain below:

20201027_173549.jpg

Yah so, I used 4 steak, 2 ribeye and 2 new York. I then marinated the steak in a spicy sauce. To cover all four steaks I made the juice with about a cup of soy sauce, about a third-cup of siracha sauce, about a tablespoon of paprika, a peppering of pepper, about two tablespoons of spicy Korean barbeque sauce, about two tablespoons of garlic olive oil, about a teaspoon of minced garlic, and a lil spritz of pineapple flavored vinegar. I let the steak marinate for like half an hour, though I think it'd be fine to let it marinate up to an hour to maintain the steak consistency. Much longer than that and you'll end up with a pot roast.

Then I prepared the butter sauce. I used about half a stick of butter. I added about a quarter cup of olive oil, about a third cup of soy sauce, about two tablespoons of coconut milk, about two tablespoons of the following: no-salt seasoning (from Costco), some type of herb, lemon pepper, garlic salt, and lemon zest. Then I topped it off with about a teaspoon of minced garlic. I put it in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute (I had to do it in parts), and put the steaks on the grill.

For the steaks I would put some of the marinade on the top of the steak and let it seep in while it was cooking. When it had mostly seeped in/evaporated I would flip back, and I flipped it twice on each side. For the first minute and last minute of cooking I had on high, but for the most part I had it on about a medium-low heat on the grill. Then, when the final side of the steaks were designated as the top of the steak, I drizzled a lil bit of the sauce on top.

For the side, I started cooking it simultaneously as the steak was on the grill. I then cut the zucchini and the potatoes with the peel on. Placing another quarter stick of butter in the pan I let melt and then placed the POE TAE TOES. But instead of boiling, mashing them or sticking them in a stew, I decided to pour about half the buttery sauce on it. I then covered the taters until they just started to brown and then I threw in the zucchini and most of the rest of the buttery sauce (left some for the steak topping). I then cooked them until they were golden brown, though a few of mine resulted in being dubbed "extra crispy".

Anywho, hope ya like it or try this at home. The whole thing took only about an hour and a half or less to prepare and I was pretty much doing everything from scratch. I will say it ended up tasting pretty good, like a spicy teriyaki steak with kind of a zesty buttery potato-zuch mix on the side. Ill prob cook again at some point, very good stuff :D