• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Creative Mode?

Ardelenia

One Of Us, One of Us
Supporter
Credits
XP
Why can't everyone be in creative mode on the main map/moria? It would certainly be a lot simpler for new players in terms of flying and getting cosmetic items/torches (with the added benefit of relieving us from having to answer those questions). I am thinking of how everyone has creative mode without having build perms in the themed-build world, as well as a few years ago when everyone had creative in moria again without build perms. I don't know much at all about server mechanics, but could we do something similar on the build maps now? I would ask for a clear if low-tech explanation of why this isn't possible, should that be the case.

Thanks!
Ardelenia