• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Crown above Throne

_Iru

Former Moderator Manager, King/Valar, ASIS Captain
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
@AugustTheWarrior had notified me ingame about the Throne in the Halls of Gondor. It is described in text in the books that there was a crown above the Throne.

"Suddenly Pippin was reminded of the hewn rocks of Argonath, and awe fell upon him, as he looked down that avenue of kings long dead. At the far end upon a dais of many steps was set a high throne under a canopy of marble shaped like a crowned helm; behind it was carved upon the wall and set with gems an image of a tree in flower - ROTK"

F
igured an architect could possibly add amendments to the room when possible @Credoo

It's not really a crown, is it? I thought it was just describing the shape of the canopy.

It's not really a crown, is it? I thought it was just describing the shape of the canopy.
Well, this seems to say that all that we need is the canopy to LOOK like a helm or crown, not actually be one. As long as we can have that, it`s fine!

I'm not sure if the "canopy" is the dome and walls around the throne, but if it is, we can just add a crown mural/ carving around it.

Me and Wheellee were thinking about this when working on the citadel. Originally we weren't sure if it was supposed to be like the roofing above the throne, or a canopy to the throne itself (like we have). We originally made a sort of crown shaped gazebo thingy over the throne but it felt too bulky so we removed it. Wheellee then added that small canopy thing above the seat and we settled with that (its sorta crown shaped? lol, you could make a more detailed one but it would get bulky again). On a side note. Why does a crown above a throne matter so much more than larger details such as, say.... the tower of ecthelion being attached to the citadel?

P.s: A Golden tree with jewels is mentioned to be behind the throne. We have a beautiful painting for it in Gondor but it's an even painting whereas the wall behind the throne is odd. Could that possibly be re textured for use? Right now i believe i have some ugly wood tree behind the throne.

Last edited:
P.s: A Golden tree with jewels is mentioned to be behind the throne. We have a beautiful painting for it in Gondor but it's an even painting whereas the wall behind the throne is even. Could that possibly be re textured for use? Right now i believe i have some ugly wood tree behind the dome.
@wodleth

75177-the2bstewards2bscepter.jpg

Here's an ok example.

I reread my copy of that chapter, and it seems as if that quote is incorrect. All it states is that a stone canopy is above the throne (canopy chair)

References to the Throne of Gondor.
Book III 2. The Riders of Rohan
O proud walls! White towers! O winged crown and throne of gold!

Book V 1. Minas Tirith
Suddenly Pippin was reminded of the hewn rocks of Argonath, and awe fell on him, as he looked down that avenue of kings long dead. At the far end upon a dais of many steps was set a high throne under a canopy of marble shaped like a crowned helm; behind it was carved upon the wall and set with gems an image of a tree in flower. But the throne was empty. At the foot of the dais, upon the lowest step which was broad and deep, there was a stone chair, black and unadorned...

Gondor throne
  • made of gold
  • reminds people of the awe of the Argonath
  • on a platform (dais) with many steps
  • under a marble roof (canopy of marble)
define: canopy
  • "an ornamental cloth covering hung or held up over something, especially a throne or bed." - from Google
  • examples of other throne canopies (they don't look any good but should show what it is) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baldachin

Last edited:
A crown painting might work best? making a crown on the throne out of blocks just looks rather bulky in minecraft scale. Id still definitely fix that gold tree painting and put it behind the throne though.