• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Deepsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepsky

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
ARTIST APPLICATION FOR DEEPSKY

Date:

April 30 2021 was the date that I joined the server.

Jobs and Plot builds:

I. Job for block mixing the roads run by Maski98
Will add a screenshot if requested.

II. Job for block mixing roads in run by EffieFrag.
Will add a screenshot if requested.

III. Plot build in the Mines that will replace the southern Gondor Mines Maski98 is in charge or the project.
2021-06-04_13.33.28.png

2021-06-04_13.33.36.png

Both Worldunder and Maski98 edited the plot because it was not properly smoothed in that it was too wide. Interiors were made by myself as to the two sections depicted with exclusion of the net section in the secondary picture and the secondary wooden walled off section which I did not do.

Theme-builds:

I. Ruined Village
2021-06-04_12.35.02.png

Interiors have been completed. I placed second in this theme build.

II. FFA Lumber Camp

2021-06-04_12.33.29.png

Please ignore the horrible bridge I made on the plot, I made it as a meme to further the stereotype that I am bad at bridges to Worldunder. I was mainly testing out different styles before I had access to free build. Interiors have not been completed as I was only testing to see if I could build in different styles.

III. Orc Camp

2021-06-04_12.32.08.png

Interiors have been completed. I placed first in this theme build.

IV. FFA Egyptian

2021-06-04_12.31.48.png

Interiors are completed. I was an honorable mention in this theme build.

V. Great Eagles
2021-06-04_12.31.16.png

Some armor stand work is still needed around the fall beast and am debating on rebuilding the eagle to make it better based on what I learned.

Additional builds:
I. Gondolin Builds in freebuild
2021-06-04_12.30.48.png

interior not completed, as I am waiting on the style for the district and may need to completely rebuild the house.

2021-06-04_12.30.21.png

Interior Completed
2021-06-04_12.30.07.png

Interior Completed.
2021-06-04_12.29.39.png

Interior Completed.
2021-06-04_12.29.28.png

Interior Completed.
II. Artist School Concept building run by Maski98, in freebuild
2021-06-04_13.32.48.png

Interior not completed as they are only concept builds and also I would need to rebuild the two towers based on the feedback I received as one of them being too small and the other being to big.

III. Artist School Concept Goblin Camp Moria, in plot build

Will supplement this with screenshot at another date when I have more time. The interiors are completed.

Your interests:
Of all the styles I cannot pick which one is my favorite. From my experience on the server I have largely built only in the Gondor texture pack. However, the style closest to my heart is thee dwarvin style. While I have no experience with the pack I remember countless single player worlds I started where I always dug a hole and made a dwarves palace. One may ask themselves, why have I not added any screenshots from outside of MCME to this application if that fact is true. There is a simple answer to that. Most of those builds were on Xbox or were deleted years ago. Although I originally bought Minecraft in 2009-2010 in the pre alpha days my family never had a computer powerful enough to play the game in anything but the most basic graphic with horrible framerate Since that time many of the world I have delated myself or were accidently delated in upgrading my Xbox from one generation to the next. Furthermore, the only way I have found to force myself to build efficiently and effectively is when other are involved in the building or can hold me accountable hence me getting involved with the MCME server. I simply enjoy building in any style where in the end my work is recognized as that of a quality builder.

Your motivation:
What motivates me is when someone looks at what I built and is inspired to try to emulate what I have done. It deeply affects me whenever someone acknowledges the work I have done because I personally do not think of myself as that good of a builder. So whenever someone’s skill at building improves because of what I have built I am satisfied. This is why in most of my theme builds you always see an acknowledgement to those other builds I saw and was inspired by and took inspiration from. I do not like taking credit for others work especially when that work is artistic in any way. Secondly, I love any francize that has in depth Lore which LotR defiantly falls into. Up until five years ago I did not know the Lore of LotR was so in depth but since that time I have attempted to dive into it and learn as much as I can. It is a honor to be able to try to recreate Tolkien’s vision and doing so is also something that deeply motivates me.

Extra:
My Application will be supplemented with edits as to the language and format of the application sometime this weekend as well as adding whatever builds are finished this weekend. I will make additional posts once every weekend with the new builds or as they are finished.

Adjustment of supplement schedule and notice,

Sorry to keep this application in the dark and posting it and going a-wall for a few days. As stated in the application I said I would try to update it as much as I could. However, the requirement for my studies have gotten much stricter. I will tell you why I need to adjusted my previous plan. The test I’m studying for is a three day exam known as the Bar it is the mother of all standardized tests and will determine if I get sworn in as an attorney or not. I try to do at least 12-14 hours of study a day including weekends so that I may pass. My exam is July 26-29 the week after that I am going on vacation and will not have access to a computer so I cannot be on to build. Therefore, my adjusted plan is to only get on during weekends if it is practicable and as a reward for achieving some subjective standard for example getting an average score of 70% (a passing score) in a MBE tested subject. Until my test I will likely be on very little and get very little building done or participate in fee if any jobs. If you see me online either on discord or on the serve feel free to tell me to get off and go study as that is probably what I need to be doing. Sorry for the failure to provide thorough supplements every weekend. This adjustment is only a temporary injunction on this application and I still may supplement it once every few weeks if I am able. Once my exam is over and I am home I will have more time to be on and add to this application. From which that is when I will go to a supplement every weekend schedule. If there are any questions please let me know.

-Deepsky

Hey Deepsky,

Thank you for applying for artist! We will discuss your app soon and get back to you with some feedback to help you move forward. In the meantime, keep building!

Top tip: When taking screenshots, hit F1 beforehand to clear the screen and remove your inventory and arm - makes it easier for us to see your work ;)

Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.