• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Contest Depth of Field Screenshot Contest

Itai007

Experienced Member
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP

~Depth of Field Screenshots Contest~

2020-07-26_17.07.41.png

Dear Screenshotters -
In order to kick start the New Year, we, The Media Team are happy to announce a new screenshot contest.
This time, the theme is Depth of Field.

Sweet! How do I participate?

Join the MCME server on 1.16.3 and grab your best DoF screenshots, edit them to your liking, and once done, post them as a comment on this thread.
-Deadline will be the 24th of January 12:00AM UTC
-Your submissions will be judged by @GingerlyGinger1 .
-All shots entered must have a noticeable DoF effect.
-Only new screenshots will be allowed to enter this contest.

Some small tips that are nice to have in mind:
-Make sure your FOV isn't higher than 40
-Use shaders to one-up your screenshots, learn how to use shaders here
-Edit them!
-Press f1 while taking your screenshots

Good luck, and may the best screenshotter win :)

Quick little note. Depth of field is a setting on most shaders that can be turned on, usually under the camera setting.

1610375890591.png

Focal length e.g. f/11 - Distance of your depth of field with your shot. Explains above, I think for Minecraft screenshots just crank this up so you can get more out of your image.

Aperture - simply how much depth of field is applied. A higher number means a smaller opening in a camera meaning more blur applied. Lower means less blur.

Try and find areas of interest within the server. Find a foreground composition and frame something nice in the background.

2021-01-11_14.20.53.png

And the winner of the DOF Screenshot Contest is... Givet, with this shot of a bench in what I believe is Watch Town! I saw many nice entries for the contest, though, and truth be told it was tricky to pick a definite winner. Hope you all learned more about using DOF to enhance your shots!

The winning shot:
1611217814716-png.png