• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

devdog3531

Status
Not open for further replies.

devdog3531

Slab Fanatic
Credits
XP
Thread title: devdog3531

Minecraft Username : devdog3531
Date Joined : 29 July 2014
Are you regularly logged on Teamspeak? Most of the time
Do you talk on Teamspeak? I chat mostly, but I can talk if the situation demands
What makes a great Ranger according to you? A lot of emphasize seems to get put on being able to build; obviously, this is a server full of artists. But its also a server full of LotR fans, ranging from casual moviegoers to Jord. I think the Ranger fits in the best by being there to welcome new players and give them the information they need, tirelessly...patiently. Even more so, the ranger's job is to fill out the appreciation of the server and the massive amount of work and lore that has and continues to go into it. Tours should be going on every day, every time of day. Jesse Cox brought us a lot of new people, but how many of them will stay when half the time, when I'm on, there's noone to greet them but other Thralls and Commoners?
Also the next most important thing, I think Ranger's need to be a walking Encyclopedia. Always learning more, always ready to discuss the trivial or the philosophical, when it concerns LotR or the server. I would like to point out that, personally, it took me almost a month to learn that Will's builder school existed, or the MCME Museum existed, and I read the forums.
In conclusion, Ranger is not as glorious as Artist, but it seems to me, that anyone who works hard enough to improve their artistic abilities can be an artist, Ranger's something that takes the right personality.

So true man. Tours seem to be very rare occurrence on the server these days.
And the amount of new thralls I see that never come back on is insane.

Thread title: devdog3531

Tours should be going on every day, every time of day. Jesse Cox brought us a lot of new people, but how many of them will stay when half the time, when I'm on, there's noone to greet them but other Thralls and Commoners?

Tours seem to be very rare occurrence on the server these days.
And the amount of new thralls I see that never come back on is insane.

As a ranger, I feel that the reason why tours are not fully running at the moment is two reasons. Firstly, we are currently trying to do a lot of the events and planning for the Summer events. Secondly, a lot of the rangers are busy with other things, especially half of us going to Uni next month (me included). Its nice you guys have pointed it out, and i can promise that tours will be back on track during September on-wards, if not a promise from the rangers, from me, personally.

p.s Don't think I'm having a go at any of you, Just wanted to let you guys know what the facts are ;)

Last edited:
As a ranger, I feel that the reason why tours are not fully running at the moment is two reasons. Firstly, we are currently trying to do a lot of the events and planning for the Summer events. Secondly, a lot of the rangers are busy with other things, especially half of us going to Uni next month (me included). Its nice you guys have pointed it out, and i can promise that tours will be back on track during September on-wards, if not a promise from the rangers, from me, personally.

Fair enough, I dont want to seem like i'm criticizing you guys or anything, I just think tours are an excellent thing :)

I also wasnt trying to criticize. I know that real life can definitely get in the way. Which is why I would support for more rangers to exist on this server. I would love to be one of them, honestly. I think it would be a very rewarding experience helping all the new people and giving tours. We may not need an abundance of Foremen or Bounders or Artisans, but Rangers and Artists should be quite plentiful. I realize that not just anyone can fill the position. It requires people skills, teamwork, and artistic ability. It is something I personally strive for as a challenge to myself, that I can always be better; that I can always make a better build, or learn more lore, or help more people. That is why I want to be a Ranger.

What choo trying to say :)

Nothing bad, especially about artists. Although....a crane in Osgiliath?? ;) I would love to be an artist at some point. Ranger just seems like a better personal challenge at this point, and it seems that there are already plenty of artists on the server anyway.

Guys, lets remain positive and uplifting. Time spent on the server doesn't always dictate how promotions are handled. Work hard, be around, and remain positive. We're not hear to nitpick people's applications, rather, its an expression of an interest in a rank. Please be courteous to all players.

I was simply being realistic. Maybe I should use smilies more often so then people won't think I'm being rude c:
Oh God please. You'll turn into Lizzy V2! Using smiley faces all the time, being all creepy. Anyways, back on topic, here's an inspiring quote for the applicants!

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

I do appreciate encouragement. And I did realize that you werent being rude, Lady. However, I have learned in the past that it never hurts to shoot for a higher mark, even when you may not qualify. I am sure there is plenty for me to learn around here. I am sure the staff need to know if I am the right type of person for the job, if Ill stay around and be active and be helpful. But I like I said, this is a personal challenge to me. I set my mind to it and I will keep striving for it as long as my mind is set.

Thank you for your application

During your application you may be contacted to demonstrate a Trial Server tour where you will be provided with a location (Prior notice will be given to you to prepare for the tour through a PM). The tour will be appraised based on your ability to conduct yourself with a group of people, how you articulate the information of the location, your communication skills as well as organisation. Note: You must be using a Microphone to conduct the tour

Please note that not everyone will be asked to conduct a trial tour but an application may still be considered.

Each applicant will be evaluated on their merits and their overall character as individual within the Community.

If you have any queries or concerns regarding your application, please do not hesitate to personal message me. Good luck with your application.

Regards,
Iru (Vala of Lore & Order and Guides)

Status
Not open for further replies.