• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Differentiation canon and non-canon locations in the guidebook

Colophonia

Dirt Conaisseur
Supporter
Credits
XP
It would be nice if non-canon locations on the server would be distinguishable as such in the guidebook, maybe by giving their name a different colour or adding a mark people can hover over to get a pop up with a short info text about non-canon locations. For some places there already is an explanation in the text, so as a first step it might also be good to just add some consistency there.

If there are any other or better ideas on how to make non-canon locations more easily recognisable please do add them as well :)

-colo

If I recall rightly, this was discussed in #guide-chat or #team-chat a year or two ago, with the result being something like what we see in the Mount Monachus guidebook (red letters with the text "non-canon"). I don't know how many other locations of the server received this treatment, however.

That would be a good start if it was implemented consistently, which i don't think it is. I will go through the warps and see if i can make a list so this maybe can be addressed by an overworked guide in the future.

I remember when we discussed this that a different colour other than red should be used because it suggests something negative
The Valar with their red rank:

Screenshot (421).png

I think it's blatantly obvious to everyone whether it's a canon location or not, just look around for them. Historically they were mostly mounted on castle walls and ships, although with wheels and enough horses they could be taken almost anywhere.