• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Dogsargent's Artist Application (v2)

New update time! And guess what? It's even an MCME themed update! Not only that, but it's dwarven! (Despite my best attempts to avoid ever building in dwarven.) I originally built the buildings in FB, but when new plot world thing opened asked wyatt to move em over. Added the terrain, some interiors, and all exterior detaily things today. The terrain isn't my best, I wasn't originally planning to do much because I didn't have access to WE or voxel, but with the new world I spent half an hour or so and just pasted the buildings in right and added a little bit of terraining. Only took pictures of some interiors because a lot were too small to get good photos, consistent with the interiors I looked at of similar buildings on main world. Tried to keep the interiors and exteriors of the buildings detailed and fit in with the overall layout. It was my first try at dwarven and took a surprising amount of time so would appreciate any feedback! Planning on trying some of the mining structure things next.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    466.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 90
I should probably point out that like any true builder, I didn't do that back. In all seriousness, the back didn't matter because it would be underground.

Worked on AUsmoothing7 today with rudo for an hour-ish after werewolf was cancelled so we could all go have fun smoothing.

Been a bit bust lately, only gonna get busier for the next month because I went down in my class rank and realized I needed to do some homework every once in a while. Been busy recreating the cave of wonder from Aladdin, here's the cave entrance because the actual cave is boring and I haven't built Aladdin and Jafar out front yet.

Attachments

• 2022-11-19_17.22.37.jpg
    2022-11-19_17.22.37.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 74
Well well well. This may be the quickest sequence of updates for me ever, two updates only like 4-5 days apart? Wow. Anyway here's baby Aladdin and Abu + a final picture of the build. Oh, and big boi aladdin.

Attachments

• abu.jpg
    abu.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 64
  • babyaladdin.jpg
    babyaladdin.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 66
  • bigboialaddin.jpg
    bigboialaddin.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 68
  • enteringcow.jpg
    enteringcow.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 74
I should probably mention I don't expect a reply on these, I completely understand this has basically nothing to do with the kind of building done on the server and I hope to get back to more of that soon!

Drum roll . . . ON THE SERVER this time! Made a couple gobliny tower thingys, Wyatt told me I should a couple months ago and then life happened so I just now got around to it. Planning on trying my hand at some smaller builds in a couple other styles that aren't in rp d in the next week or two.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    536.9 KB · Views: 71
  • goblin2.jpg
    goblin2.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 65
  • goblin3.jpg
    goblin3.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 78
Drum roll . . . ON THE SERVER this time! Made a couple gobliny tower thingys, Wyatt told me I should a couple months ago and then life happened so I just now got around to it. Planning on trying my hand at some smaller builds in a couple other styles that aren't in rp d in the next week or two.
hey dogsargent,
For this particular style, I would check out moviecave!

hey dogsargent,
For this particular style, I would check out moviecave!
I have taken your advice and magically produced more builds overnight. Here they are, much closer to the actual style and look a lot better in my opinion.

Attachments

• abc1.jpg
    abc1.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 67
  • abc2.jpg
    abc2.jpg
    393.1 KB · Views: 66
  • abc3.jpg
    abc3.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 65
  • abc4.jpg
    abc4.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 60
  • abc5.jpg
    abc5.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 60
  • abc6.jpg
    abc6.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 64
  • abc7.jpg
    abc7.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 67
  • abcsomething.jpg
    abcsomething.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 76
Also could use some advice on what to build next, I was told to experiment in RP D and I've done some dwarf and goblin/orc stuff so I'd like some ideas on what would be the best styles for me to work on now and would be the most current and beneficial to my app. Thanks.

Also could use some advice on what to build next, I was told to experiment in RP D and I've done some dwarf and goblin/orc stuff so I'd like some ideas on what would be the best styles for me to work on now and would be the most current and beneficial to my app. Thanks.
Honestly we need more stuff in general. It helps us figure out what your trends are so we can fix them. It doesn't need to be set pieces, best have a bunch of smaller builds (individual houses, etc.) would be better.
You could also work on your own style, or find some concept art of a style you would like to work on and see if you can translate it into MCME. If you want something MCME that you could work on as concept styles, elvish would be helpful, so would orcish, or Harad.

This probably won't help any since its outside of MCME, but might as well post it anyway. I'm thinking about trying some Harad stuff on the server next week to keep working on my app. Will be busy the next couple weeks from finals.
2022-11-30_21.49.58.jpg

Attachments

• 2022-11-30_22.02.53.jpg
    2022-11-30_22.02.53.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 62
This probably won't help any since its outside of MCME, but might as well post it anyway. I'm thinking about trying some Harad stuff on the server next week to keep working on my app. Will be busy the next couple weeks from finals.View attachment 26506
did you work on this alone or with other people?
could you give us close up shots of all the features; the dragons, the boat, the volcano, the trees, the beaches, the rock?
I would love to see some more detail, the current picture looks cool but it's zoomed out way too much.

did you work on this alone or with other people?
could you give us close up shots of all the features; the dragons, the boat, the volcano, the trees, the beaches, the rock?
I would love to see some more detail, the current picture looks cool but it's zoomed out way too much.
It was on my own for a competition. I probably placed like a hundred blocks by hand outside of the votes. It's lacking in detail all around because I made it specifically for screenshots from far away for the competition. Spent most the the time on the dragons. It's honestly not worth sending any up close pictures because if you were looking up close you would realize some parts would look really awkward and out of place and barren in detail. Boats were made almost entirely with commands and stuff like that since I wasn't focused on detail for this build. It's a very different style from anything I would do on the server.

It was on my own for a competition. I probably placed like a hundred blocks by hand outside of the votes. It's lacking in detail all around because I made it specifically for screenshots from far away for the competition. Spent most the the time on the dragons. It's honestly not worth sending any up close pictures because if you were looking up close you would realize some parts would look really awkward and out of place and barren in detail. Boats were made almost entirely with commands and stuff like that since I wasn't focused on detail for this build. It's a very different style from anything I would do on the server.
And trees and rocks and stuff were all assets I had made before and just did a custom layer with on world edit