• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Dol Amroth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thijs I know this is now your project I remember your reason for changing all of DA, but I think it would be best if we just made small changes to the already made DA and put all these new ideas that you came up with to the parts we haven't built yet. I think this because we don't have a lot of information on DA so we could make our own lore. Own lore examples "Ports and the higher class city were built first( in this Venice Italian style we are now conceiving and making concepts for" then the farmers and other Gondorians from the north and south came in and made their houses in between these 'forts' in a (Norwich style but we can alter it a bit to make it not so distinctly different). DA leaves us with a lot of stuff to play with. This compromise agrees both with your view, Eriols and people who don't want to see what we just built destroyed (I'm definitely not the only one).

I'm very hesitant to remove any builds other players made. Simply as I honour their labour and time they put in (and as I know how it feels to see your builds are removed).

On the other hand I spend many hours arguing with @Eaglz24 and @_Luk to make the houses more fitting to the rest of Gondor. Our discussions were always factual and professional, thanks a lot for that. In some points my input was used but it is true that I'm not happy with the current style. The houses are looking great but they just don't match other Belfalas houses and general house style of Gondor. Some joked about using the houses for Bree which is not possible ofc but the style would fit much better there indeed.

I'm not sure if we can mend the harsh style contrast but I think it is a good idea to continue with the upper town part before deciding about the already built part. We can then try and see if we can get a satisfactory result with small changes to the current houses. I would be glad about that.

I dont think leaving the area that has been built till now untouched, and just continue with our new style on the areas we havent built yet would be a good solution. Eaglz' style, and the style we're planning out (to be more fitting to the rest of Belfalas) are too different, it would neither be logic, realistic or good-looking. However, to save the houses that are built alreay some place, and perhaps use them in other places in the future could be a solution. But if we are going to change DA to the new style we're planning (which I highly recommend), the current houses can not stay in DA.

A new thread for the upcoming DA Will soon be made, probably if all preparations are done. And we are ready to start.
We Will not be using this thread anymore, maybe it can be locked if the enforcers deem it neccesary.

Status
Not open for further replies.