• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Important Domain changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we not renew mcme.co? It was really nice to have a single landing page with links to various resources and whatnot. Plus, the dynamic loading of who was on each server was also quite helpful... are those going to be implemented in another way?

Did we not renew mcme.co? It was really nice to have a single landing page with links to various resources and whatnot. Plus, the dynamic loading of who was on each server was also quite helpful... are those going to be implemented in another way?
Is there any reason why that couldn't be implemented in some fashion on this site?

According to the TOS, mcmiddleearth.com is the only official MCME site, and mcme.co has evolved a bit beyond the scope of its intent. While some of the features from mcme.co are incredibly useful and user-friendly, it's not really beneficial splitting up resources between two different websites. That's poor UX.

Q is aware of the usefulness of mcme.co, and I believe there are plans in the pipeline to bring some of those features over to mcmiddleearth.com. At the end of the day, having it all under one roof is far superior, and I know that Q is on top of making sure that the web UX will be top-notch.

Last edited:
There's still currently issues with mcme.co , we'll keep you posted.

Yeah, my goal is to have a unified, single website with useful information.

Is there any reason why that couldn't be implemented in some fashion on this site?

There's no real reason why it's not here, apart from megga not wanting me to use his code.

Also worth noting that I believe server textures are currently broken.

This is because the resolver at mcme.co doesn't work, and this breaks the server texturepacks for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.