• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted draonic_slayer's Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

draonic_slayer

Builder Apps Manager
Staff member
Manager
Supporter
Credits
XP
So here it is...

Date: May 28th 2019

Jobs and Plotbuilds:
I have added everything that i have done in relation to jobs and plots into an album.

This has a more detailed explanation of each job and plots i have done, along with who had given me the job/plot.

Themed-builds:

Lossoth Village (X:87 Y:4 Z:42981)

A more primitive village, based along a frozen river and shoreline. Mainly built using wood.

Additional Builds:
This includes some random builds i have done, along with some work i did for the Avallone contest.

Your interests:
Mainly interested in Gondorian and Dwarven designs seeing as that is the majority of the work that i have done. Both styles and resource packs have quite developed custom blocks and inventories, which allows for a much more detailed build. Additionally, i quite enjoy making smallish landscaping and vegetation sort of builds, as they do come out quite well, and also help the looks of buildings.

Your motivation:

I think we can all say that this project is absolutely massive, and is amazing to look at, even after being on the server for a while. I have stuck around as long as i have due to the sense of community building and all of us coming together to help build it. I jump at almost every chance i can to help build stuff, be it through Jobs or plots, no matter how small it is, because i know that it is helping in some way. I want to be able to do more than just the odd job. Recently i have been given the chance to help more, mainly my tomb plots in Moria, which has pushed me towards applying. There are lots of things that i would like to help with, but most prominently is the upcoming Avallone project. I have seen the starting of the plans and i know that it will be quite the project.

I hope you take this application into consideration, :D

Ever since I saw your Lossoth village plot being built (conveniently right behind my Dale Street plot), I knew that you had lots of potential that was already starting to be tapped! I can't wait to see the words "Artist draonic_slayer" in purple pop up on my screen. Good luck on this adventure!

your building skills are much better then mine :( I think you can be a very god artist :D

Last edited:
Hey @draonic_slayer Thank you for applying for Artist!

Seems like I forgot to give you the standard message because of all the excited people replying before me... ;)

It's up to you to keep updating this application. I will check in from time to time and give feedback when I think it's needed. This thread might help you as well.

Good luck!

*Update*

Been working on another Durin's Crossroads Tomb. This one was mainly adding details to make it look like the tomb is looted due to its proximity to the main staircase. Liberal use of armour stands and other custom inventory blocks. Also helped with a bit of terrain forming around the tavern at the bottom of the cave.

*Update*

Another update, who could have guessed. This has some work i did in a job with Ooitsbirdo on the dome of the stars, mixing blocks to make it look weathered and to have some more detail. Along with some work I did with DoctorDaom and Mershy on the last remaining tombs on Durin's crossroads.

Last edited:
*Update*

Well, here we are again. Quite a bit more diverse in that i have worked on. Mainly the tower concept for the walls of Osgiliath, applying the design of the 21st hall for a connector hall, and a small ruin design. You can see all of it below.

ACCEPTED

Congratulations on obtaining the rank of Artist. Make sure to check the builder channels for extra work when you can't find any. I'm sure Daom has some stuff planned for you though....

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.