• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Durin's Tower [Contest]

Should the Deadline be moved?

• No - Deadline 24th December 24:00 GMT

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Yes - Deadline 17th December 24:00 GMT

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Yes - Deadline 10th December 24:00 GMT

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i was told i should reply to the main post to be recongnised to join

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DURIN'S TOWER
Contest
Adventurers +

Lead:
Finrod_Amandil

Judges:
@Credoo
@Finrod_Amandil

/warp Durins Tower

Many people already wondered how Durins Tower, the last of the iconic buildings of the Mountains of Moria, will be done. Well here you have your answer! And you better get hyped for that massively, because you will need a whole lot of passion for what we are expecting:

You will have time until christmas eve (24th of december, 24:00 GMT), so it shall be your chistmas present to our beloved server, so make it a build truly worth of MCME! If we can find a clear winner, there won't be a finalist round, but in the other case there may be an extra week for a few participants.

Background lore:

Rules:
- You need to apply in this thread with the following information:​
  • Team Name
  • Team Members
  • Plot Type (A or B), see below
A plot will be assigned to you within up to a few days time (I'll try to do it asap). Go to your plot and write your team's name onto the sign over the entrance of the plot.
Two reasons:
- I can be sure everyone read this post; for ThemedBuilds for example many new players don't do that and just start building and often break a guideline. And as most participants may put quite some effort into this I want to make sure that not the whole work is just invalid because a guideline/rule was disregarded.
- I may need to make more plots first, and I have no separate template somewhere, so I have to add more copies before the last available plot is taken.

- Deadline is the 24th of December, 24:00 GMT (16:00 PST). No building allowed after that date.
- Griefing of any kind will be punished (oathbreaker or ban). This also includes if you build in a plot you're not teammember of and one of the actual team has something against it.
- The Judges will choose the best design after the deadline. The winner build gets copied to the main map.

Guidelines:
- Eriador pack
- It's not only about the tower, also the mountain peak shall be shaped nicely.
- You can choose between two kinds of plots:​
A. You get a mountain peak + basic tower outline (everything can be altered)
B. You get a mountain with chopped off peak. May be easier to set up your imagined peak shape.​
- Always build below the yellow wool cross or it will be beyond height limit.
- If you plan on making greater terrain changes, make sure it matches with the terrain at the edges of the plot. The contour there is carved into the plot borders with red wool.
- Don't extend the Tower interior into the mountain. (so don't make the endless stair go down to bedrock :p)
- Important: The tower is to be built at a time before Gandalf fought the Balrog, so no Balrog and ruining only what time and weather would cause.

Tips:
- If you haven't done already, update your texture pack manually as described here: http://mcmiddleearth.com/threads/misty-mountains.1555/page-6#post-21635
- do /warp Silvertine to get to Silvertine on the main map and to get a greater image of the surrounding terrain.
- For your convenience theres warps to every plot: /warp dt#; for plot B05 for example do /warp dt5.

Have fun!

Teams:
A01: This Looks Fun!
A02: barely-a-team
A03: Gilderoy Lockhart
A04: Worthy of Mordor
A05: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ3.1
A06: Night
A07: MelonMasterRace
A08: Name Is Appropriate
A09: Attemptable!
A10: Has nothing better to do
A11: Jetfire301
A12: SoItsJustMeThisTime...
A13: Team Invisible
A14: Insert Wierd Team Name Here
A15: i will try but i will fail, try 2
A16:
A17:

B01: Unlucky for some
B02: Durins folk
B03: Ivan1pl
B04: mullerl
B05: Someone had to do it Movie Style
B06: They make em big down in Texas
B07: Loremaster
B08:
B09:
B10:
B11:
B12:
B13:
B14:
B15:
B16:
B17:

Hey could i get another plot, my partner and i would like to make two towers then decide on the best tower then use that as our submission

Thanks to everyone that voted on the poll; its roughly half/half for 24th / 17th december deadline, so as its ofc less worse to wait one week then have a week missing the Deadline won't change; Deadline stays 24th December 24:00 GMT.

keep up the good work! And for all those that are finished already, come back to your build in about a week and have another look at it. Maybe you see something you don't like entirely yet or just have new ideas. Keep improving until your wholly satisfied; that's how one does make perfect builds.

@kalle9907 A19 /warp dt18
Note that, bacause I can only make a maximum of 30 public warps, all the plots higher than 18 do not have a warp. However you can make your own warp to it by typing /warp pcreate <warpname>

I'm afraid I won't be able to find time to finish this, sorry Finrod, but I will have to pull out of the contest.

I'm afraid I won't be able to find time to finish this, sorry Finrod, but I will have to pull out of the contest.
Theres still merely two weeks to go; and as not many new participants seem to join anymore there's no need to declaim a plot. If you still find a bunch of time and some good ideas in your mind, feel free to give it a try nevertheless!
Have great time anyway ;)

Important:
Due to @Credoo's time schedule we need to review the builds a few days before christmas. Thus the contest will end on

Sat. 20th december, 24:00 GMT (16:00 PST)

I hope this works out with everyone.

Thank you all already very much for participating, theres many nice builds and the decision definitely won't be an easy one!