• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Erebor dimension PART 1

Lacotax

Dirt Conaisseur
Supporter
Credits
XP
In order to advance future project I would like to have your opinion about the dimension of erebor .

-In the photo below I put variables that I would like you to replace with a number of blocks that seems realistic to you.

descrition:

COLUMN
C1 HEAD WIDTH OF THE COLUMN
C2 HEAD HEIGHT
C3 HEIGHT OF HEAD UNDER JOIST
C4 COLUMN WIDTH
C5 COLUMN DEPTH
SP1 BEAM SPAN (DISTANCE BETWEEN THE MIDDLE OF 2 COLUMN)

JOIST (BEAM)
SL1 WHIDTH OF THE JOIST
SL2 SLAB HIGHER THICKNESS
SL3 SLAB THICKNESS

STAIRS
ST1 STAIRS HEIGHT
ST2 STAIRS HEIGHT

MODEL:

C1:
C2:
C3:
C4
C5:
SP1:

SL1:
SL2:
SL3:

ST1:
ST2:

Attachments

• dimension.png
    dimension.png
    960.9 KB · Views: 511
Compating the measurements with the dwarf in the picture and accounting for things in Minecraft often having to be slightly larger than reality in order to look the right size I'd say:

C1: 11 blocks
C2: 5 blocks
C3: 3 blocks
C4: 5 blocks
C5 (center walkway pillar tops): 5 blocks
C6 (center walkway pillars): 3 blocks

SP1: 21 blocks (23 if including the pillars' center blocks)
SP2 (center walkway pillar spacing): 9 blocks (11 if including the pillars' center blocks)

SL1: 5 blocks
SL2: 2 blocks
SL3: 2 blocks
SL4 (center walkway thickness): 2 blocks

ST1: 3 blocks
ST2: 3 blocks
ST3 (lower side stair): 2 blocks
ST4 (upper side stair): 2 blocks

T1 (throne width): 5 blocks
T2 (throne height): 7 blocks or higher (as I don't remember how much taller than the arkenstone-mount the throne was and the picture doesn't tell)

Erebor is getting lots of attention for something that will come in years from now.

Erebor almost certainly won't be started until we have finished Mordor at least. Even then we might decide to wait until Moria is finished.
Until then, we wait :)

Erebor almost certainly won't be started until we have finished Mordor at least. Even then we might decide to wait until Moria is finished.
Until then, we wait :)
If someone isn't working on something else and/or doesn't want to, then there's no point to end a conversation about Erebor. :)
And about the general scheme of Erebor, you seem interested in it, and a while ago I worked on a model of it. I'd be glad to see how you've interpreted it!