• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Event Suggestions

Givet10_

Worthy of Mordor
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hello people of MCME

after the Commoner Meeting, you seemed interested in suggesting events for the summer events. We already got some fun ones in mind, but I would like this forum post to be a place for general event suggestion, not only for the summer events.

I'm very interested to see what you guys can come up with and have in mind. We will of course have our classic events that come back fairly often, but some new, fresh and fun events are always nice to keep everyone entertained on the server.

requirements:

• The Event has to be possible to organise and run by someone (not overly complicated);
  • Needs to be appropriate;
  • And preferably be a new event or a twist on an already existing event.

So if you have any fun ideas and suggestions, put them under this forum post and we will consider them!

Maybe a big PvP event with 2 teams. Team 1 has to defend a castle/city, team 2 has to atack it.

Mini game tournaments. we could have a bracket system for or something else but have a tournament and crown a winner for the best player at lore quizzes or the best racer best hider best geo etc. I love would to help organize that.

An MCME Movie. Filming it could be the summer event and watching it could be the winter event. Umm... of the season. Almost forgot that any movie, at least in America, is always referred to as "the event of the season" if the word "event" is used to describe it in its advertisements. I have no idea why, but I digress. Anyway, that might be fun. No dialogue, just do it in the style of the 1920's Silent Movies with title cards and acting. Unfortunately I don't know how much I will be able to contribute to it due to my work schedule, but I thought I'd at least throw the idea out there and let yall decide on it.

A meme competition. everyone has like a week or something to make a meme and then the next week everyone votes for there favorites and we proclaim a winner.

Use the summer to trial some party games and see which ones are the most enjoyed? I'd mention some, but other than Werewolf, I can't really remember any (Never really had many friends growing up, so never got to experience a lot of the good ones), so I'll leave it to people who actually know more.

However, if we're looking for some minigames that might be possible... Theoretically, modifying Hide and Seek to pass the Seeker on to the first person found without a hide time could make for a game of Tag. It'd be a time-limited game, but maybe the way to win is to be tagged the least amount of times?

I don't think we'd be able to wrangle enough players together for a game of chess, at least not the way I was thinking of playing it. Two people in control of the chessboard would be easy enough. It would be the 8 pawns, 2 rooks, 2 knights, 2 bishops, the queen, and the king on each side that would be nearly impossible. I don't think, even at the best, we'd get 34 people interested in a chess game, even if it was promised that people were playing as the pieces.

Much as I'm not one to suggest something I can't do, have a major summer build competition, like Build Battles but on a larger scale? Potentially with two, or three, people working together on a summer-themed plot, if there's enough interest.

I know this would be more of a tour and less an event, but maybe it helps someone kick an idea over. "The Journey Home." We have the Fellowship Path leading us to Minas Tirith and Osgiliath, plus a bit further, and I found some footprints outside Minas Morgul, but I wonder at what point we could start following the Hobbits' journey back home to the Shire, as best as the Loremasters of the server can pull that together.

or we could have just a regular chess tournament with everyone on the server but i feel like thats not minecraft enoguh lol
Use the summer to trial some party games and see which ones are the most enjoyed? I'd mention some, but other than Werewolf, I can't really remember any (Never really had many friends growing up, so never got to experience a lot of the good ones), so I'll leave it to people who actually know more.

However, if we're looking for some minigames that might be possible... Theoretically, modifying Hide and Seek to pass the Seeker on to the first person found without a hide time could make for a game of Tag. It'd be a time-limited game, but maybe the way to win is to be tagged the least amount of times?

I don't think we'd be able to wrangle enough players together for a game of chess, at least not the way I was thinking of playing it. Two people in control of the chessboard would be easy enough. It would be the 8 pawns, 2 rooks, 2 knights, 2 bishops, the queen, and the king on each side that would be nearly impossible. I don't think, even at the best, we'd get 34 people interested in a chess game, even if it was promised that people were playing as the pieces.

Much as I'm not one to suggest something I can't do, have a major summer build competition, like Build Battles but on a larger scale? Potentially with two, or three, people working together on a summer-themed plot, if there's enough interest.

I know this would be more of a tour and less an event, but maybe it helps someone kick an idea over. "The Journey Home." We have the Fellowship Path leading us to Minas Tirith and Osgiliath, plus a bit further, and I found some footprints outside Minas Morgul, but I wonder at what point we could start following the Hobbits' journey back home to the Shire, as best as the Loremasters of the server can pull that together.

Maybe a big PvP event with 2 teams. Team 1 has to defend a castle/city, team 2 has to atack it.
Wouldn't this be really similar to PvP maps like Minas Tirith and Helm's Deep we already have?