• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Fable of the Five Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, after complaining about one thing, I gotta say something:
This looks like something that I will enjoy tremendously.
After sneakily taking all of the Wizard abilities, I found that there was a large amount of thought put into it, and a good amount of options.

Now, the thing that royally screwed me up.
I got to the shop for the first time, spend all but 4 sapphires to buy the Mid-Tier weapon of the name Dramborleg, and was about to head out.
But when I pressed the button to tp back, it wouldn't allow me. Instinctively, I went to look at the command blocks.
I checked out under it and I found 5 command blocks with co-ords, but none brought me back to the area at the first Shop-Teleport button.
This thoroughly shocked me.I was doing good, and it slapped me in the face.
Of course, being resourceful, I am able to get back to that point, but I think that this is something that needs reviewing.

Note: I don't mean to offend anyone or sound rude or like a jerk pointing this out.

I can double check, however we tested all the shop teleport buttons and they all worked, so I'm not sure why this is broken for you.

Yea, I am not sure either.
If you TP from the first area ( 395, 88, -954), you can't seem to get back, unless I am missing something.
I am in a single-player world, so no server-side problems.
It seems like the closest checkpoint is the one on the left (front) right as you enter, with the co-ords of: 396, 106, -1255 .

I had the same problem with getting back. Went to the shop, hit the button to head back.... and nothing.

I eventually just committed suicide by jumping into the lava and was able to get back to my original spot. Not sure if its something I'm doing wrong or just something about the map.

If you have an issue teleporting back from the shop the first time and the button doesn't work, just type in this command to get back to the proper area:

/tp 396 89 -1185

If you have an issue teleporting back from the shop the first time and the button doesn't work, just type in this command to get back to the proper area:

/tp 396 89 -1185
Haha thanks, I should have waited for this rather than going to creative mode and flying out of it. :p

In the room with the first boss, if you look at the names on the graves you might recognize a couple.

Been having a lot of fun on my playthrough so far. Here's some small bug reports though:

There's some mobs in the city of stalagmites that still have orange wool around them.
There's some chest in the first dungeon that still have green wool above them.
There's a hole in the first hall left of the gate that opens up to the redstone beneath the gate.

there are orange wool rings scattered rather sporadically about the map
but i was gandalf so...

Thought this maybe nice, but it's really down to personal preference. To make more than one copies of the notes so the others if you have a group can also read the note :s

Couple of things
  • Multiple mobs trapped in wool. Wool was probably meant to be MCEdited away
  • Those
    undead dwarves
    are ridiculously hard to kill and definitely need to be toned down
  • Hole in the floor to get to redstone in
    the first cave where you throw the note in the well
  • Minor terrain derps around the very first dwarven camp.
Minor thing
  • More god damn Pallando secret areas. We played it multiplayer and I barely got to do any :(

• More god damn Pallando secret areas. We played it multiplayer and I barely got to do any :(

There are twice as many blue wizard ability areas because they have to accommodate for two wizards so you must have missed them, most are well hidden. As for the other issues, thank you for spotting them we will check them out. Early days...

I thought it would be fun to do a yubtub playthrough and so far it really is.

So here you go mister bevs and el shmatt. I try to do the map justice by finding everything but so far plant number 9 eludes me.

(and I don't think I have to say this but, spoilers -.-)

I hope with some of these little issues you guys still enjoyed the map! Always something that gets missed. Boy do I feel sorry for triple A game developers trying to debug their games.

I was fighting the necromancer and I had to log out to do something important. When I rejoined the game, my inventory was cleared and I was back at the original spawn point on the boat. Explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.