• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Fable of the Five Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was fighting the necromancer and I had to log out to do something important. When I rejoined the game, my inventory was cleared and I was back at the original spawn point on the boat. Explain?
you're game didn't save, nothing to do with the map.

I encounter a severe bug:
At the Goblin Brood Mother Boss Fight it won't stop tpying me to the same location and setting my spawnpoint thus not letting me move at all as well as not tp me away; At the same time it keeps spawning hundreds of mobs in seconds and causing severe lag (and most likely soon a crash if I wouldnt pause the game)

here a screen after enabling /gamerule CommandBlockOutput:
33uu355.png

I encounter a severe bug:
At the Goblin Brood Mother Boss Fight it won't stop tpying me to the same location and setting my spawnpoint thus not letting me move at all as well as not tp me away; At the same time it keeps spawning hundreds of mobs in seconds and causing severe lag (and most likely soon a crash if I wouldnt pause the game)

Wow, we have never encountered that bug before. I have no idea why that happened, sorry Finrod. No idea what would cause that. I guarantee it wasn't the redstone, since I don't think it happened to anyone else. Maybe something on your end? I don't know.

Hmm ill try turning the machine off by moving the command blocks in MCedit and then ima try to study it, maybe i find sumthing

I'm not sure if this is a glitch with just me and LDC but when we were playing the map, we were Alatar and Pallando and the trigger blocks when right clicked with the bows, staff and basically anything refused to respond. Nothing happened for us but stuff happened for the other wizards.

I'm not sure if this is a glitch with just me and LDC but when we were playing the map, we were Alatar and Pallando and the trigger blocks when right clicked with the bows, staff and basically anything refused to respond. Nothing happened for us but stuff happened for the other wizards.
The blue trigger blocks come in pairs - one on the floor to mark where you should stand, and one up high, in range of your arrows that has a button on it that needs to be hit. Right-clicking the floor-block won't do much. ^_^

Oke i think i found the error... But mother of god that redstone contraption scared the s**t out of me, don't take me wrong, your adventure map is by far the best one i've ever played and i bow deeply in front of you guys but for this redstoning you should get prisoned in Angband for many ages... Abandoned and completely unused redstone clocks, empty command blocks, kilometres of unnecessary wiring between command blocks that could have been placed right beneath each other...

Ok onto the practical part:

The problem is that if you press a button it may happen that you kinda "mispress" it so that instead of the usual 1-second pulse a much shorter pulse is given into the contraption.
At /tp 190 75 -1106 you have this element, right after the button:
mc3upv.jpg

this circuit usually is known as very fast pulsing redstone clock, but if you give a long enough input, as here the 1-second pulse from the button, it won't start pulsing but stay powered forever so that even if you press the button again nothing will happen (this is the intention) But if the pulse is short enough to make it pulse the bug I encountered will happen. To avoid that bug change the above setting to the following:
t9fccn.jpg

(command: /setblock ~ ~ ~-1 redstone_block 0 replace)
When an input of any length comes into the contraption the command block will place a redstone block next to it which then will constantly power the whole circuit. To reset simply break the redstone block.

If you happen to encounter this bug and don't want to loose all your progress (as it seems to be impossible to escape the situation at first) do the following to fix the game:

1. Open the map in a 1.8 snapshot (I used 14w20b)*

2. Type as fast as possible (Lag due to mob spawning):
  • /gamemode 1
  • /setblock 189 75 -1107 redstone_block 0 replace
  • /kill @e[r=40,type=Zombie]
3. To reset the boss fight:
  • /setblock 189 75 -1107 air 0 replace
  • /tp 189 75 -1109
  • break the piece of redstone right under your feet
  • replace that redstone (whole contraption should be unpowered now)
  • /tp 187 80 -1094
  • /gamemode 2
  • IMPORTANT: Place your whole inventory in a chest before changing versions back!
  • change back to minecraft 1.7.3 - 1.7.9
  • restart boss fight on button press.
*(the @e selector to kill the zombies is only available in 1.8 snapshots, alternatively you can kill all mobs by hand/potion/whatever)

Last edited:
Thanks for finding this bug and fix, @Finrod_Amandil. I just replicated the issue while fixing the shop teleports. We're working on getting all these bugs ironed out and we'll have an update out before too long. :)

fwiw, after that first time not being able to return from the shop, I didn't have a problem with it at all.....

Except...

I was at the last shop teleport (I think the sign said Last Chance or something -- the one where you take down the 4 columns), I went to the shop for last minute supplies. Returned and went back to the previous teleport spot, the one by the giant saphire.

Not a big deal as i just ran through the map back.

fwiw, after that first time not being able to return from the shop, I didn't have a problem with it at all.....

Except...

I was at the last shop teleport (I think the sign said Last Chance or something -- the one where you take down the 4 columns), I went to the shop for last minute supplies. Returned and went back to the previous teleport spot, the one by the giant saphire.

Not a big deal as i just ran through the map back.
I assume you didn't use the shop at the giant sapphire? Happened to me as well.

Just finished the map, and I've gotta say I was blown away by it. All the little secrets and attention to detail were great, I always had an incentive to explore, weather it was to find more sapphires for upgrades/more supplies, wizard areas, or even pipe weed. The builds on here were great too, another reason I spent a lot of my time exploring. I played on easy so nothing was terribly difficult, the only problem I really encountered beside random wool was the return from shop button never worked, but I got around that easily enough and it didn't stop my enjoyment.

Like I said, I had a blast playing this, and I played it alone. Seems like it would be even more fun with a friend or two, might play through it again. Big thanks everyone who worked on this and spent all the time making it possible, you all did a great job!

Last edited:
This map was awesome...I was really enjoying it, even though the teleport to get away from the shop was broken...and then after going across all those lava fields and getting ambushed by hundreds of orcs in the dark, I died...and then I was sent right back to the start with none of my equipment and I lost everything! Is this intentional or a bug?

After playing the game through and reloading and then messing around with it, I noticed that going into creative mode stuffs up the teleport (I've still got the version from when it was first released).

@wikey1236 @jstu9 The shop uses the game's objectives to keep a shop "score" for you to know which checkpoint to send you back to - using each checkpoint adds a point to your shop score. So if you skip shop teleport 4, it means that when you use shop teleport 5, the game adds 3 + 1 and you get sent back to checkpoint 4 when returning. So @MattTheLegoman if you load a game that's already been played, your score will stay at 5 and the teleport will insist on sending you to checkpoint 5.

On this note, the bugs that occurred with the shop teleports has been identified and fixed, along with a host of other fixes. I've sent bundle version 1.2 to Q, so it should be available soon. :)

I had quite a few bugs with the map (including one where the invisible walls didn't come down in the second last boss battle in the Chamber of Light-looking area), but overall the story was great and the map was enjoyable.

@wikey1236 @jstu9 The shop uses the game's objectives to keep a shop "score" for you to know which checkpoint to send you back to - using each checkpoint adds a point to your shop score. So if you skip shop teleport 4, it means that when you use shop teleport 5, the game adds 3 + 1 and you get sent back to checkpoint 4 when returning. So @MattTheLegoman if you load a game that's already been played, your score will stay at 5 and the teleport will insist on sending you to checkpoint 5.
That's what I thought happened. Glad to know that my redstone knowledge is still with me

Gah! Well, apparently, no amount of testing is sufficient, because the shop teleport STILL has a bug. :confused: Anyways, fixed it again. Fixed some more stuff. Sent Q the latest Bundle. Bundle download version will be 1.2 once he updates the link and the changelog.

Status
Not open for further replies.