• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Fable of the Five Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I would like to say this is a wonderful game and I've already spent two hours playing... haven't gotten to the first boss yet though XD
(I did find 10 of the 15 weeds so far)
Secondly I have found that it would be incredibly useful to play this with (all five wizards) A Gandalf and a Saruman, they seem to be the most reoccurring spell-casters.
Thirdly, reading the comments I saw that a couple other people complained about this already but whatever: When you get to the Dwarven city and the first thing you do is go to the shop, you can buy stuff and sell stuff, but you are unable to use the button to get back. You are easily able to jump off the ledge and then you spawn in the dwarven city again, however I would prefer to use the teleport....
(I got the game 5/21/14 at around 3:30) If this helps determine when the bug is still happening

The last fix contained some more bugs, that have now since been fixed. o_O

@q220 is busy doing server stuff, so the download hasn't been updated yet - if you want the latest version of the map, you can grab it here in the meantime! Up to Bundle v1.3

- fixed shop teleport (again)
- fixed scoreboard sidebar (again)
- removed several sheep on the outer path since some players were consuming their staff by accident
- fixed unnamed sapphires in chest in fortress
- fixed dunathal boss battle "It's lit up!" circuit from repeating endlessly (the record doesn't have as strong a signal as a redstone torch, so a repeater had to be added into the stop-circuit).
- removed emerald/glowstone placeholder blocks in dragon cavern

- removed sidebar display objective from getting set in the first place at the docks
- fixed baby zombie spawn outside library
- fixed baby zombie spawn in long hall to market
- fixed redstone circuits in arrow room
- fixed hole above dragon escape route
- fixed redstone circuit that drops king into lava at beginning of boss fight
- changed proximity of market goblin text so it shows up just before entering
- added hint to look at Map of Nogrod to Diary Page in first hall
- added sign to starting boat about the Player Guide
- fixed conversation circuits in shmatt’s mansion

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g102w9lkonyc2w5/MCME FotFW Bundle 1.3.zip

Last edited:
Amazing map!

I thought the first moments in Nogrod were very memorable, you walk into the city and its a massive cavern, quite mysterious and silent, I also loved the part when you're in the mind of the king, and you see the white tree burning and stuff, thought that was well done, the whole map was.

Here a (picky) bug list I collected on the 1.3 map:

• You got a typo in "Allatar's Staff" (has only one "l" - Alatar)
  • On a boat in the starting harbor is an NPC weirdly stuck in the floor of the boat (pic with cords: http://i57.tinypic.com/2vmg8z6.png)
  • those invisible bedrock barriers to prevent the NPCs from moving away are extremely nasty. Im am sure there are tons of other nifty ways how to achieve that.
    Spontanous ideas:
    - doing sumthing with the MC 1.8 @e selector and command blocks
    - change the NBT data of the villagers (I think there is a possibility to set "MovingSpeed" or sumthin like that to zero so they won't move anymore (pushing them would still be possible though)
    - giving them infinite slowness VII or higher (not sure if this affects villagers)
    - make them riding a non-moving entity, e.g. a non-despawning item (possible in 1.8 using NBT)
    tell me if I you need some hints here and there.
  • both "Lembas" and "Lembas Bread" coexist whoch doesn't stack what is nasty. (found unrenamed Lembas on a boat in the harbor, in the Tavern, in a house above the harbor and in Varin's Tomb)
    Same problem with:
    - Arrow and Yew Arrow
    -
    Bread and Dwarven Bread
  • In general I like the elvish names used, all of them sound elvish though I wasn't capable of finding the derivation of all the names. One thing that would be cool: Add accents where attested (you gotta extend the font a bit I guess): Míriel, Círdan
  • It would be useful if you could see the used-up food levels (make the lembas symbols not just disappear but rather make them dark as the armor and health bar)
  • In that enchanting room at the back end of the library is still a small corridor to the redstone behind it at the back right corner. Also I don't get what triggers that redstone circuit
  • Dispenser after the Necromancer boss fight doesn't stop, sound is a bit annoying
  • After I killed that final boss it didnt drop a disc and also after i went into gamemode 1 and got one from that inventory nothing seemed to happen on entering it into the jukebox. I then broke the iron fences blocking the entrance and pushed the button again, and then the exit opened...
The map is a true masterpiece, everything is genius, the story, the architecture / details, and the technical stuff; you got the maximum out of minecrafts possibilities in an incomparable way. Thank you a thousand times for your hard work, it was worth it and it brought out the best adventure map i ever played and I can't imagine how any map could beat yours. I bow deeply from you.

I hope you'll keep updating the map and include the upcoming mc features to even more improve the map (e.g. the titles just introduced in the latest snapshot)

Last edited:
Here a (picky) bug list I collected on the 1.3 map:
~snippity snip snip~
Thanks for these, Finrod!

I'm continuing to push out bug fixes and improvements for the map - some more are currently in the works. I'll add these to my list and see what's feasible. Although the invisible walls that hold the villagers in place are a brute-force solution that gets in the way here and there, they are (mostly) out of the way and have been placed so as to not impede player movement as much as possible. Implementing a change to that mechanic across the board would be a very time-consuming and ultimately unnecessary task. But your suggested solutions are great ideas for future projects!

Thanks again for these, and anyone else that is playing through, please keep posting bugs and suggestions here!

Wasn't Nogrod destroyed during The War of Wrath? Just wondering, 'cause the Istari didn't come until The Third Age, and The War of Wrath was in The First Age.

Thanks for these, Finrod!

I'm continuing to push out bug fixes and improvements for the map - some more are currently in the works. I'll add these to my list and see what's feasible. Although the invisible walls that hold the villagers in place are a brute-force solution that gets in the way here and there, they are (mostly) out of the way and have been placed so as to not impede player movement as much as possible. Implementing a change to that mechanic across the board would be a very time-consuming and ultimately unnecessary task. But your suggested solutions are great ideas for future projects!

Thanks again for these, and anyone else that is playing through, please keep posting bugs and suggestions here!
Can the server start selling shirts that say

"I LOVE SCOOBYDEEZY"

On the fronts because that shit would sell like crazy

Wasn't Nogrod destroyed during The War of Wrath? Just wondering, 'cause the Istari didn't come until The Third Age, and The War of Wrath was in The First Age.

We assumed that it had been rebuilt some. Whether that would be possible in the lore I don't know, but we did take some liberties to create our own story so it isn't perfect.

Okay, am I missing something? After the boss fight in the Tombs I'm not getting a key. Also, the mound to the right of the entrance isn't lit up and I can still hear a goblin even though I killed all the ones I could see. (Is it stuck underground or something?)(And yes, I'm using v1.3)

Edit: Okay, nevermind(I think). I just realized I'm supposed to now find the tomb of 'Varin's wife'.

Good catch ;)

Thanks for letting me know about the stuck zombie in the Nec fight. Turns out the redstone contraption responsible for raising him from the grave was timed wrong, so he got stuck. That's the same reason that particular grave wasn't lit up. Fixed for the next release! (which will be very soon!)

Okay, just a couple things to say.

I think that, if you have time, you should make a small .txt guide/Walkthrough for those having trouble (Varin's Wife's Tomb).
You could just dump it on the community (also a list of easter eggs and pipeweed locations).

Also, another small thing. Possibly a spoiler, so just in case.
In the cutscene, you can see the redstone dust/repeaters, and the rail when it activates.
It seems like you textured the rail to be invisible while off, but not while it's on.

Last edited:
Okay, just a couple things to say.

I think that, if you have time, you should make a small .txt guide/Walkthrough for those having trouble (Varin's Wife's Tomb).
You could just dump it on the community (also a list of easter eggs and pipeweed locations).

Also, another small thing. Possibly a spoiler, so just in case.
In the cutscene, you can see the redstone dust/repeaters, and the rail when it activates.
It seems like you textured the rail to be invisible while off, but not while it's on.
The whole point of easter eggs and pipeweed is that we don't tell you where they are. :p

Thanks, Darg.

We have made Thoda Ironheart's tomb a little more obvious for those still having trouble, but at the end of the day the location of that key is almost directly stated in a note, and after the Necromancer fight, a text prompt comes up with a reminder. So... we didn't go crazy. Players should be able to figure it out.

And we're not worrying too much about powered rails - since the on position is only visible when you're on top of it, it's not a huge thing.

Thanks for your suggestions!

We just pushed out version 1.4.1 with MASSIVE updates and fixes - grab it now!
http://www.mcmiddleearth.com/resources/42/

Last edited:
The whole point of easter eggs and pipeweed is that we don't tell you where they are. :p

Thanks, Darg.

We have made Thoda Ironheart's tomb a little more obvious for those still having trouble, but at the end of the day the location of that key is almost directly stated in a note, and after the Necromancer fight, a text prompt comes up with a reminder. So... we didn't go crazy. Players should be able to figure it out.
Sadly, many people (I think) just look at it, read it, look at the objective, and then place it back in the chest since the Storyline seems very linear.
That is the only part where you really have to look, and even then, the button camouflages into the background.

Just something of a complaint. I may have been the only one that had trouble.

when i click on the button with sword selected, the sword disappears. happens every time i teleport to shop from Nogrod.
EDIT: happens every time i want to use the sword. trying to buy Anduril, but it disappears every time i try to use it.

Last edited:
when i click on the button with sword selected, the sword disappears. happens every time i teleport to shop from Nogrod.
EDIT: happens every time i want to use the sword. trying to buy Anduril, but it disappears every time i try to use it.
We're aware of this issue, and unfortunately we haven't found a fix yet. It occurs with a couple high-tier and low-tier weapons. We've replaced the shop villagers entirely, and the issue still persists. We'd gladly welcome insight from anyone who might know what would cause this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.