• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Facebook page unpublished

1687368535970.png

Yes, we are aware of it, and no it was not intentional. People right now can no longer find us on Facebook because we, according to Facebook, go against Facebook's community standards for authenticity.

Facebook Community Standards​

According to what Facebook writes at Facebook-Gemeinschaftsstandards | Transparency Center the standards for authenticity are:
We want to make sure that the content people see on Facebook is authentic. We believe that authenticity creates a better environment for sharing, and that's why we don't want people using Facebook to misrepresent who they are or what they're doing.
Despite us being active since 2010 this never has been a real issue of copycat or posing ourselves to be something that we are not, we are literally a Minecraft community building Middle Earth. What about the hundreds of thousands of pages that pose as a celebrity or actor or a page that even gives wrong medical advice?

If we go further into the detailing of what the Integrity and Authentic Identity is, we can find that at Kontointegrität und authentische Identität | Transparency Center

Policy rationale​

Authenticity is the cornerstone of our community. We believe that authenticity helps create a community where people are accountable to each other, and to Facebook, in meaningful ways. We want to allow for the range of diverse ways that identity is expressed across our global community, while also preventing impersonation and identity misrepresentation. That is why we require people to connect on Facebook using the name they go by in everyday life. Our Authenticity Policies are intended to create a safe environment where people can trust and hold one another accountable.
In order to maintain a safe environment and empower free expression, we remove accounts that are harmful to the community, including those that compromise the security of other accounts and our services. We have built a combination of automated and manual systems to block and remove accounts that are used to persistently or egregiously abuse our Community Standards.
Because account level removal is a severe action, whenever possible, we aim to give our community a chance to learn our rules and follow our Community Standards. Penalties, including account disables, are designed to be proportionate to the severity of the violation and the risk of harm posed to the community. Continued violations, despite repeated warnings and restrictions, or violations that pose severe safety risks, will lead to an account being disabled.
1687368915119.png

So basically from what I understand here, and taking into account that we had no warning whatsoever, we are either:
- Severe violating the Facebook's Community Standards or persistently violate them, but we never received a warning?
- We are a network made to evade the enforcement of these standards?
- We are a dangerous individual or organisation?
- We are are using the MCME page in a way to violate the standards?
- Are a scripted (spam?) page
- Made the MCME page in order to mislead or deceive others or to evade enforcement?
- Impersonate others by using their photo's with the explicit aim to deceive these people. Or create an account assuming to be or speak for another person/entity.
- Are under 13 years old (lol)
- Are a convicted sex offender
- Are prohibited from receiving Meta's products, services or software.

Now I'm personally very curious as to how Facebook's system here works. Was it a report raid, something that raised a red flag so the page became unpublished? I'm currently awaiting a response from Facebook's admin team in the hope to get the page published again.

There Basically Saying That we should Reveal Our real-life info, That's a Honestly..... R.S.I
But Hey Who need's Facebook Its like a drug, We already have Various Social Media Platforms with our names on it all we have to Do is Well just keep being Us!

Any update on this?

No, it is still under review, and from what I read on various forums, it will probably remain that way because Facebook doesn't care about dealing with reviews for unpublished pages. I sent an email recently but it's to the department that handles Facebook profile problems (there is no way to get in touch with a team that does the page reviews).

Would making another page be worthwhile or is that a brach of the removal of the page, or just not something we want to do?

Can't we just public the page again but this time emphasize on the minecraft part more, because i believe we got flagged for either impersonating the lord of the rings franchise or the rings of power franchise. Or maybe we are impersonating the minexraft franchise. All of those sound very stupid but i believe the moderating is completely automatic and works on flagged keywords that indicates some sort of impostering/ scamming. I make this assumption on the basis of my 17 facebook bans which all are obviously made by automatic systems as if there was a person doing it, they will understand from the context what is happening and ban will not follow