• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Feedback Thread: The Website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice if we were allowed to keep new style but change layout a little bit - I don't really like that two subforums display in one row.

I'm really loving the new website and feel like I'm being fussy with this suggestion, but hey, I fix trees for several hours so I am fussy. :D

I think it would be nice that forum usernames (or banners) have custom colours based on rank if this is possible so it is clearer to see staff. I also feel like the wiki page could be renamed something like 'New Player?' or something similiar, so new players that join the website know exactly where to go for information on joining the server.

I'm really loving the new website and feel like I'm being fussy with this suggestion, but hey, I fix trees for several hours so I am fussy. :D

I think it would be nice that forum usernames (or banners) have custom colours based on rank if this is possible so it is clearer to see staff. I also feel like the wiki page could be renamed something like 'New Player?' or something similiar, so new players that join the website know exactly where to go for information on joining the server.
Going off of that, it might be nice to also have banners for the Rangers so new players know their feedback is trustworthy :) I would say do that for artists as well but it might be hard to maintain that given the fact that artists are constantly changing XD

Otherwise loving the new format!

Where is the "Apply for Whitelist" section? Because that should be really prominant at the top in my opinion for all those n00bs who dont know how to use the forums

Also 11/10 would bang the new forums with @muteberlin

In the "Wiki", some links are actually links to the "Internet Archive" instead of the correct mcme.co page.
(1 Link in New Player guide
4 in FAQ)

Official formats for the application pages. Jord has them for Commoner, Artist, and Ranger. Not sure if you want to just sticky those.

I like most of it but I have a few suggestions.

As another said in this thread already, I don't like the 2 subforums per row layout. Should be one per row.

The background pic is too blurry, to the point you can't tell what it actually is. A blurry background is fine but not to this degree.

The top banner (that has all the links, info, etc...) and the space with the logo and search bar should be switched. Would look cleaner.

would it be possible to implement an HD screenshot as background instead of that blurry picture?

Yeah, an option will be added soon that will display builds from the server, along with our more traditional green colorscheme.

In the "Wiki", some links are actually links to the "Internet Archive" instead of the correct mcme.co page.
(1 Link in New Player guide
4 in FAQ)

These are now fixed, thanks.

is there going to be another engineering-bay type thingymeboop, or is the art dept. home for this stuff now?

Yeah, I plan to add those very soon

Any chance the search can be moved down to the lower bar? It would give the entire top of the page a single clean look.

You should also be able to set the color of the "Search..." placeholder text to something darker to make it stand out more.

S1Tkcl6.jpg

Not saying i hated the old layout but this layout is better much better and as Indor said i would like a HD background of our builds but without the blur.

The "Help" section could use a "Are You Whitelisted But Cannot Connect" Thread like the old one, just to avoid an overflow of posts

Status
Not open for further replies.