• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Filipeczeg

Filipeczeg

Is going on an adventure!
Credits
XP
Date of joining: 10.07.2019
What made me join: I watched a video on youtube where you were showing some guys around the server and i was amazed at your build so i decided to join.
How much time did I spend on the server: Many hours already, I traveled it a lot and I've built a theme build.
My plot on themed builds (gondor rangers camp):

My older builds (singleplayer):
Central European city in minecraft (early stage)

I've had some more builds but i've unfortunately lost them when i was upgrading my PC (I forgot to save them and my upgrade included the disc upgrade)
What LOTR themes am I interested in/are my favourite:
Elvish and gondorian, but others aren't a problem, these are just the ones i like the most
My motivation:
I really loved the idea of recreating the LOTR map in minecraft on such a gigantic scale since I saw it for the first time. I'd like to put some of my job into this great project.

Hey filipeczeg,

Thanks for applying! I am glad you enjoy playing on the server :)

There are a couple of things you could change in your themebuild.
- We don't use pathblocks in the server. Go fly around in Gondor and get some inspiration of the nature there. You will see that we use multiple blocks for our paths (Like dirt, podzol, gravel, etc.).
- If you fly around the world, you will also see that we don't use vanilla trees, anywhere. I would suggest you to turn the trees into custom trees. (Check the area next to /warp henneth annun)
- The bridge you built on the side of the plot, is really bulky and the small fence support does not really make sense. The roof is very flat and doesn't look very realistic. Try looking up some references of real wooden bridges instead. Take inspiration from that and make the bridge look more realistic.
-The farms are also different to the once we build in Gondor. Again, go fly around the map (Check the area next to /warp harlond)

The pictures of the camp itself don't show me enough details to review it. I must see that in game.
I hope you can work with the tips I gave you just now though.
I would like to see the updated version soon :)

Good luck!

I agree with everything that Palla has mentioned above. One thing I will add though, is that you get involved with jobs/plotbuilds, as they are just as important as a theme when it comes to an application for build rank and really shows that you are involved in the server.

Good luck on your application and hopefully someone higher up in the build team will get back to you soon.

Sure, I am going to work on all of these in the nearest future, actually some of the trees on my plot are hand-made but if you say so, I can replace all of them with hand made. After i’ll make the trees and the rest of what you guys said I’ll post the updated version. I am going to participate in jobs if only any is going to be available. Thanks for your reviews.

Last edited: