• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

~Fire's Last Edition of the MCME Times~ [08/31/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
qZRemZY.png
Opening Statement

This week marks a special occasion in so many ways. First of all it marks an end to the illustrious Summer Event that has taken place over the past few weeks. Thanks to the hard work of people like Lizzy and Iru, this past month has been a widely viewed success that has brought a level of fun and attention to this server that may not normally be present on a day to day basis. Furthermore, this marks the last edition of the MCME Times that I will be writing due to the time conflicts that college is presenting me this upcoming Fall term. Luckily for all of you, the wonderful and handsome MaD will be taking over more permanently in the future in order to keep this wonderful news letter alive. And lastly, this edition marks the end of Summer for most people and on behalf of the community I would like to wish everyone good luck this next year.

Hopefully since this is the last edition you know the drill by now. Please sit back, relax, and enjoy my final edition of the MCME Summer Times on this last day of summer!

The Two Trees Summer Event
1sAarKnq9jX8J5ITEIFPsXaqAK3pzx_rep1FDaH2f39hjAyyj_sNBgWhOqtAbfdzQx_GQ0qASlHqfCCjqKAOGlpgW4-eKJa43q_r57aMNb8ZSqatI347ZZPJaAmFzPUNxw

Congratulations to everyone who helped make this event a reality along with everyone who participated in order to make this a server wide success. Also congratulations to all those who were either nominated or won a community award this past week as it is quite the honor!

Project Progress
ulFJ2Rg.jpg

EWnTO0P.png

Cair Andros (Pretty Much Done): The last few details such as roads, trees, and grass have been added to wrap up this project finally thanks to the hard work and dedication of both @freshmilkymilk and @Thatruben . Well done guys on a job well done as the final product is really something to marvel at.

Harithilien Part 2 (Pretty Much Done): After two weeks of hard work, Part 2 of 3 Harithilien sections is pretty much done at this point now that the villages are being finished up, trees have been planted, and the grass has been added. Be sure to search for the Harad camp located in this region!

Harithilien Part 3 (New): Now that Part 2 is done, it is on to part 3!

Misty Mountains (New): @Finrod_Amandil is currently working on redoing the Misty Mountains in order to both improve the path and make them all pretty for the surroundings of Moria. Be sure to check out the sandy desert that it currently is!

Rivendell Revamp (New):
Several artists have picked up the task of fixing up Rivendell a bit, including the roofs, trees, paths and more! Be sure to check it out while they make all of the little changes. Try to see how many new aspects you can point out in comparison to the old version!

Dol Amroth (In Progress): After terraforming the terrain for Dol Amroth itself, the process of terraforming everything around the city has begun, be sure to check out the mountains surrounding it in order to get a good before and after image as there is no stopping @demonataz once he has started.

Pelagrir (In Progress): The triangle shaped terrain has been constructed and @Ma5terMinD has already begun building! Be sure to check out this marvel before all of the structures are added. Though in case you hadnt realized, the wall has already been erected.

Annuminas (In Progress): Seal Team Six is still going strong. The surrounding terrain for this project has been largely constructed and work on the concept and main buildings is still going on, be sure to watch for opportunities to participate in this project soon!

Media of the Week

This week features some of the Summer Event highlights taken from a variety of users!
PAmOURY.png

WYoLgdV.png

NV74VFJ.png

Build of the Week

This is not a build per say, but the firework frameworks done by @Finrod_Amandil for the different Summer Events definitely deserve a shout out for the amount of work and complexity that went into making a pretty show. Well done!
214t7b6.png

359lfs3.png

Status Updates

Promotions:

None

Resignation:
I (@Fireinferno13 ) resigned from Steward
@xxLDCxx resigned from Bounder
@firefuss resigned from Foreman
@Indorilian and @DragonHorizon resigned from Ranger

Thank you to everyone for their unique contributions to MCME!

Adventure of the Week

None

Community Outreach
Path of the Fellowship: @@Finrod_Amandil has been working on mapping out the entire path of the fellowship with little footprints in the ground (you have probably seen them here and there). Here is a map if you are interested! Currently the path continues all the way past Rivendell!
sce13b.jpg

Facebook Page: Have you checked out the MCME Facebook page? It is updated almost daily and provides not only great updates on the server, but also top screenshots, builds, promotions, and more! In other words, be sure to like us HERE.

Planet Minecraft Page:
As stated before, please vote for us every day HERE. This helps draw attention and commemoration towards the server and is really appreciated by the community. So do your part and support MCME!
13974_2.gif

Times Feedback:
Have a thought concerning the presentation of the MCME Times and how it can be improved? Because I am always looking for new ways to mix up and improve the Times experience through any means necessary and, if you have a comment or concern, its likely that someone else had it as well and just didnt say anything about it. So be sure to message Fire your thoughts on the forums.
Closing Statement

It has truly been a pleasure writing the MCME Times the past few months ever since they were endowed upon me by the wonderful @BevsForBros , I can only imagine that @MaDIIReD will do a great, if not better, job than I in the coming months writing for the MCME Times. Be sure to give him your love and feedback in order to continue in improving the overall Times experience.

It has also been a pleasure serving as an MCME staff member and active member before that these past two years. I have had so many great times with all of you and you all are the reason I stayed here for so long and why my decision to resign was so difficult. I can only hope that I helped better the MCME legacy in my own unique way. But at that, I must now step back and take a more reserved role in the way I help contribute to and shape the community so dont worry, I wont be leaving any time soon!

"Stay classy San Diego"
-Ron Burgandy

When one door closes, another opens

Last edited:
Isildur's and all of MCME's bane: The start of the School year.

For both Fires, thanks so much for contributing all of your time to the server.
Lol i can just imagine:
Isildur puts on ring to escape 1st day of school.
Goes swimming in river.
"AAAAH It fell off!"
School teachers attack him with homework.
Awww

I am hoping to come back either the start of next year or next spring depending on my work load!
YES! This post isnt as depressing as it was!
I thought you were resigning forever after such a short time :( but now you are coming back :)!

I'm normally way too lazy to do jobs, yet I have some good memories from back when you were foreman :D
Good luck with whatever you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.