• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Flower Pot

Which variant do you like best so far?

• Variation 1 (ceramic)

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Variation 2 (wood)

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Variation 3 (darker wood)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Variation 4 (ceramic alternate)

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
Hey guys! So I have some time this week and wanted to tinker with some easy default textures to make them more "MCME/ours" so here is my first go at it. I would really appreciate some feedback on them and which of the variants you like the best! If one is good enough I would be more than happy to donate them to the resourcepacks ;) If one is selected, I can also design the respective "icon" for when it is in the inventory or in the player's hand.

UPDATED 2/29/16

Variant 1
Filename: flower_pot
Resource Pack: Eriador, Rohan
Texture description: Ceramic pot or cup
Texture image:
nAJg2h1.png

Icon image:
oukqrW7.png

eTvCNzF.png

LrPxYr9.png

Variant 2
Filename: flower_pot
Resource Pack: Lothlorien, Gondor (Moria?)
Texture description: Ceramic pot or cup
Texture image:
e774Yr5.png

Icon image:
hznWfCO.png

4VaSu3z.png

WIP

Attachments

• tF57Nz5.png
    tF57Nz5.png
    897 bytes · Views: 389
  • ZZ7Yubn.png
    ZZ7Yubn.png
    450.6 KB · Views: 498
  • djOcVES.png
    djOcVES.png
    890 bytes · Views: 406
  • Pt0Xlnc.png
    Pt0Xlnc.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 382
  • DAVbJwH.png
    DAVbJwH.png
    888 bytes · Views: 387
  • Hfo7JfA.png
    Hfo7JfA.png
    386.7 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
I do like the first version, if we would change the plate texture too.
Always seemed strange to me that they already had porcelain in Middle Earth.

UPDATE - so after some research I think the ceramic option is our best bet

I have created two new variants, one for Eriador/Rohan and another for Gondor/Lothlorien. I would appreciate some feedback on them, else Finrod these can hopefully be added to the next RP update.

UPDATE - so after some research I think the ceramic option is our best bet

I have created two new variants, one for Eriador/Rohan and another for Gondor/Lothlorien. I would appreciate some feedback on them, else Finrod these can hopefully be added to the next RP update.
if only biome specific was added you'd be able to have all the flower pots and all the plates you want. :p

Really like the brown version, but with the Gondor/white version I'm a bit sceptical; First off: Is there white ceramic?Afaik not (ofc you could argue it was colored/painted), but secondly I think we gotta let go the stereotype of everything being white in Minas Tirith; I'd rather add the same version in all packs.

Oh nice fact! :eek: But I still have the feeling that it's better when not everything in Minas is white ;)
Easy fix. What color would you like?

I figured the grey color would be similar enough to the current white color, but stand out just a little more in places like Minas Tirith while still matching in various locations. That being said, I would be happy to design another color scheme OR we could just use the brown ceramic pot for all packs. Thoughts?