• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Accepted FoxySeamus' Artist Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxySeamus

Artist
Artist
Supporter
Credits
XP

Last edited:
Coordinates of my freebuild area for badger
Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 6.37.20 PM.png

Cool house an in general nice block choice, here's some thoughts you should keep in mind though:

- Thatch roofs need to be 45d+ (I think in this case a wooden shingle or a wooden planked roof could look nice)
- I get a little confused in where this house would be, looking at how tall it is one would expect it to be in a city or large town, yet looking at how it's designed (large balcony and no bottom floor shop/workshop) it looks more like a stand alone house/ very small town
- Add exterior details
to put more story into your build and just make it look more believable (chair, crates, bench, plants, garden, cart, shop, market stall, tree...) (not too many but like 2-3... whatever makes sense in the case of your specific build)
- Avoid too much symmetry:
- Window in every 3x3 section on the sides of the house (remove a couple, don't always have them in the middle, maybe sometimes have two very close...)​
- Front completely symmetrical (Remove a window or two, move the front overhang/roof thingie more to one side and store something under it, or have an entrance to a basement under it as well)​
- With the new beam system one can (try) to remove the logs on the corners of every 3x3 section on a house.​

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.