• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Freebuild 2.0 (but not really)

NelmanBlack

Guide
Guide
Supporter
Credits
XP
With the upcoming Freebuild Spawn Contest I have heard a lot of talk about a more centralized Common 'Hub' for the new spawn area, and with the new spawn area already being littered with random builds I figured that a thread to discuss would be worthwhile.

The short of it is that with the new spawn area all of the 'service buildings'; The Common Room, Museum, Rank HQ's etc, are now thousands of blocks away. A new empty area could give us a chance to have a more centralized Freebuild for new Commoners to visit everything in one spot without warping to 5 different locations. Additionally I have also heard some say that the buildings we actually have for these services are getting old and cluttered or haven't been finished fully to actually be used as they are intended (Museum, Common Room Vault).

Styles and the layout of the Hub ultimately comes down to what is chosen for the contest, as it would be nice to use that as a centre piece and jumping off point for the rest of the area. For my opinions and ideas I'll leave for the comments to not make this cluttered.

I know this may insight some drama, in addition to the fact that like many other Commoner Projects, it pulls focus away from main. But I just wanted to put this out there and see if there was any widespread interest to do this and any ideas that some people may have to help/build upon the project.​

Last edited:
With the spawn area being built and chosen upon separately the style and layout spanning from the centre mainly depends on that if the Spawn area is to be a centerpiece in the new hub. Meaning most comments on design and layout will happen after the contest is over but like I said above, theory crafting with the area is generally empty and young is overall a good idea if we do want to have the space to do something with it.

With a centralized area the upkeep of all the builds becomes a bit easier as there are more people traveling through each part of the area and more books and heads being added as people know of the service (for example).

Common Room​

A nice big building/complex is needed to make us Commoners feel important so naturally we have to build a Common Room. With the areas within the Current Common Room being used in other areas and buildings in the 'Commoner Hub' like the mailroom and minigames etc. Ultimately could a Commoner Court or just a big central building that the Commoners can do with as they please.

Museum/Server Timeline​

IMO the Museum is a weird build that isn't that organised, a bit out of date and has not that many builds. In addition I feel the timeline could be done better as it is a bit confusing and does miss a lot of key points in getting from start to finish. Would be good to have the Timeline as a seperate building anyway.

Head Vault​

Moving the Vault or making a new library for player heads with a more usable system.

Library​

Self-explanatory. Books

Rank HQ's (Embassies)​

I know ranks are very attached to there current HQ's but moving them could be an option. If not an embassy of each rank like what the Guide HQ has showing the current members and what they do could be a nice idea.

Player Rooms/Housing​

Back when I first became a Commoner there was a lot of emphasis on the player rooms within the Common Room, but with them being filled pretty quickly and people having there own Freebuild areas to whatever they want in the need for them may not be necessary anymore but felt that it was something to mention. If the Commoner Hub does get made then having player houses to fill the empty spaces could be a good way to expand the area and make it more diverse while having more focus and traffic in the area as a whole.

Central Train Station​

With the placement of the ice highway from the old Fb border to the new Spawn I thought it could be a good idea to create a train station in the hub and have highways throughout the area. But this all depends on whether the gods believe we have been good little Commoners and let us have boats in FB.

Minigames​

It would be nice to use the soccer, parkour and chess plugins rather than them being in an area that no one ever visits anymore.

Central Courtyard​

An area next to spawn which has all the info regarding the current Commoner Projects and any other info that new Commoners may need. In my mind this gives us more space to convey projects and give info about them than a name and a small sign.

so yea