• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Front Of Erebor

greencaver

Moria Hall Professional
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
I propose that we build a placeholder of the front of Erebor on the lonely mountain to the best of our ability with the current textures that we have and the terrain in that area. The main point of this would be to add a sign on the front gate of Erebor that would say "Coming Soon" or "Not Built Yet" which would encourage players to come back and check on the server at a later date to see if Erebor has been built yet.

#futureofmcme

Erebor is a massive build and one of the more important builds of the world but I feel that as far as the focus of the server has always been to try and finish the Fellowship builds. I agree it would be nice but we have more important things to focus on I'd say

Erebor is one of the more important builds of the world... but we have more important things to focus on I'd say

why would we want to focus on something else if it's such an important build? Also, it would just be a placeholder for the front gate area and it could even be something that commoners build in freebuild.

I cant even comprehend that response
There wasn't a reply when I replied.

There have been 6 (if I'm counting correctly) different Erebor projects and as much as I would like to see something there it has not been beneficial in the past. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I just can't help see that we start builds we don't need to and never finish them

Last edited:
I cant even comprehend that response
There wasn't a reply when I replied.

There have been 6 (if I'm counting correctly) different Erebor projects and as much as I would like to see something there it has not been beneficial in the past. I'm happy to be proven wrong but I just can't help see that we start builds we don't need to and never finish them

wdym there wasn't a reply when you replied?

We could just have one artist build this thing if you're worried about it not getting completed by commoners. Also, it doesn't need to be full size or even fully detailed, that's where the keyword "placeholder" should be taken into account.