• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Canceled Gilan Artist App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilan

Dirt Conaisseur
Commoner
Credits
XP
Artist Application

Date- I joined July 31st, 2016
.Jobs-
  • MoriaWalls2 with QuantaCube -made Walls for Farms in Moria
  • MoriaRoads1 with QuantCube -made Roads Around the Walls in Moria
  • Streams4 with barteldvn -made streams to a river in Belfalas
  • MoriaRoads2 with QuantCube (but really Slowlex) -finished the Roads in a part of Moria
  • House in Moria with NicTheFifth
  • Osgilaith_Veg0 with barteldvn
  • Another House in Moria with NicTheFifth
  • JONABOI with Jonatanknalle -farms in village
  • digriver with Eriol_Eandur -digging river from mordor
  • PimpVillage with Henry_Oakenshade -editing puke looking houses in rohan
  • DA!! with Ober and more
  • Timelapse_2 with TotiGonzales
  • Osgo plot with Ober
  • ForemanTrialJob (moria) with Jon
Theme Build
  • Marketplace at 1500, 33200
    Overview1.png
My Other Build- In Freebuild- ElvenWall at 300, -1050
ElvenWall2.png

My Interests-
My Favorite style of building is Medieval/Fantasy. I love them because you get to add detail and can make any shape you want even if it’s not possible. Also, I like terraforming, though I’m not that good at it. I love that you can change the shape of the land and make new possibilities for building.

My Motivation-
I came on this server not because I really love lotr, (I do though) but because I saw what huge projects you guys were working on. I wanted to build with people not against them (I used to do a lot of build battle). I joined and I saw how people greeted me, and helped me when I needed it. I saw even Staff members high up would come to look at a Adventures Horrible Theme build and give them advice. I also saw how early on you could help the server, I was only an Adventurer and I helped build walls and roads in Moria and streams in Gonder. Plus, how quickly you could get up to Commoner and be able to do freebuild.

P.S- I will try to answer questions/suggestions asap but once the school year starts ( Aug, 25th) I might take a little longer to answer.

Last edited:
Artist Application

Date- I joined July 31st, 2016
.Jobs-
  • MoriaWalls2 with QuantaCube -made Walls for Farms in Moria
  • MoriaRoads1 with QuantCube -made Roads Around the Walls in Moria
  • Streams4 with barteldvn -made streams to a river in Belfalas
  • MoriaRoads2 with QuantCube (but really Slowlex) -finished the Roads in a part of Moria
Theme Build
My Other Build- In Freebuild- ElvenWall at 300, -1050
View attachment 11558

My Interests-
My Favorite style of the building is Medieval/Fantasy. I love them because you get to add detail and can make any shape you want even if it’s not possible. Also, I like terraforming, though I’m not that good at it. I love that you can change the shape of the land and make new possibilities for building.

My Motivation-
I came on this server not because I really love a lot, (I do though) but because I saw what huge projects you guys were working on. I wanted to build with people not against them (I used to do a lot of build battle). I joined and I saw how people greeted me and helped me when I needed it. I saw even Staff members high up would come to look at an Adventures Horrible Theme build and give them advice. I also saw how early on you could help the server, I was only an Adventurer and I helped build walls and roads in Moria and streams in Gonder. Plus, how quickly you could get up to Commoner and be able to do freebuild.

P.S- I will try to answer questions/suggestions asap but once the school year starts ( Aug, 25th) I might take a little longer to answer.
Hey Gilan,

Thanks for applying for the Artist rank. The fact that you have participated in some jobs shows that you want to contribute to the server. However, let me leave some comments on them and your builds:

1. As said, the jobs you did are a contribution to the server, but they are rather basic and not really on a level required for Artists. You might want to check up with @NicTheFifth to help with some 'upgrade' jobs.
  2. The market theme build is rather small and doesn't really feel lived and cosy, you only used 1 single block for the road making it kinda flat and not really interesting. Lastly, the statue looks very blocky and flat.
  3. I have never seen such a wall design before (which is not specifically a bad thing). The overhang at the top is not very realistic, make it stick out less. The watchtower is flat, try to add more depth, also make it distinguish it more from the wall. The roof of the tower sits right on top of the tower, which kills the point of the tower really because there is no place to look or shoot through.
I hope you will take these comments into account for your future builds and would like to see some more. Furthermore, I wish you good luck with your application.

- Merl

Thanks Merl, I will ask Nic about the jobs when he is on and I'll work on the road. I think I might change my statue into a fountain. For the watch tower I will add windows/raise roof + depth and shrink the top of the wall.

Also I will being doing the next theme which is most likely going to be Carn Dûm.

Yes im am trying to do Upgrade jobs to add to my app, i abandoned Carn Dum but I will try to do another theme.

Awesome, thank for replying, in the future though: to this even if its nothing new, just helps us know you are still interested

UPDATE
Currently working on my style and general building skills for artist by doing jobs and helping out in the community, will update again next week and will hopefully get another themebuild done. :D

UPDATE
Building in free build, built My irl house, moria piller and Blacksmith house ( in that order below)

Attachments

• Irl MC HOUSE.png
    Irl MC HOUSE.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 204
  • MOriaPiller1.png
    MOriaPiller1.png
    257.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Blacksmiths house MC.png
    Blacksmiths house MC.png
    429.6 KB · Views: 216
UPDATE
Building in theme/freebuild, working on completing jobs and improving style and techniques.

(built one of my first ever good looking trees) Also working on Brandywine theme. (going to change bridge to stone soon)

Attachments

• Goodtree101.png
    Goodtree101.png
    518.6 KB · Views: 197
  • BrandyWineRiverBridge.png
    BrandyWineRiverBridge.png
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
UPDATE
Building in theme/freebuild, working on jobs and improving style and techniques
(
Built a moria mural and added two jobs to list above)
MoriaMountianSunsetMural.png

I don't know if I am allowed to give tips as commoner, but I will do so. With the blacksmith house I would add some vegatation around it to make it look nicer, and show some images of its interior. Also with the field in the brandywine bridge tb i would add different growth stages of the wheat. Back to the blacksmith house, the entrance with the stair is to thin in my opinion and doesn't look nice or realistic. Also, the type of wood logs you used on the house looks to dark and out of place, maybe you could get some to copy paste the house and try it with a few different log types. Hope you will take thes comments into consideration!
~12

I really recommend you working with a Lead Builder or experienced builder, if you want I can set up the channels we give to watchlist and work with you more personally. Your overall skill still needs some work.

- I think using real-life inspiration and images would aid in your building, I know you tried to build your house, but I mean more medieval style :p
- I would really look around Belfalas and Dol Amroth and see the way we build our houses, it will help in your structure

Good luck and hope to see you in purple soon enough!

Thanks BWOT, I will message you when I want to do that. I will work on my skills and take a trip around Befalas. Sorry I got to you late, I'm getting a new computer and wasn't able to check that easily.

I would think it your best interest to ask an experienced builder on the server, if they can work with you.
Also are you still interessted in pursuing this rank?

Due to school and other reasons I will end my Artist app and possibly continue next summer when I have more time. Thanks for the help but I just have to many things on my plate and do not have time for working on the server more. I will try to continue my app in summer when I have more time.

Okay, great work so far, and I hope you have the chance to finish it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.