• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Cancelled Gizid's Artist Application

Gizid

Expert Stream Digger
Supporter
Commoner
Credits
XP
Date joined:
10th November 2019

Jobs:

• Anorien River with Xmine
  • 2x Lond Daer Houses with Luk and mattlego
  • Marsh Terrain with Darki
  • Moria Terrain with Mershy (trial job)
  • Osgo Vegetation with Mershy
  • ~6? x Osgo wall ruining with maski and Rogue (mostly piles and towers)
  • Osgo wall supports with Birdo (private job)
  • 2x Anorien Roads with maski
  • SuperIsASlavedoingRiverwoolplanningha with Xmine (private job) Added 28th December 2020
  • Rammas Echor Wall with draonic Added 16th December 2020
  • Rammas Echor Wall with draonic Added 9th January 2021
  • Path with Rogue (trial job)
  • 2x Osgo Vegetation removal with FoolhardyFish
  • Osgo ceiling mixing with Mershy
  • Osgo wall build day
Plotbuilds:
Themed-Builds:
  • Egyptian (437, 58043, updated 23rd May 2021) Added 23rd May 2021 (WIP)
  • Pizza (173, 54030, updated 4th January 2021) Added 5th January 2021
  • Bree (370, 53495, updated 27th December 2020) Added 22nd December 2020, Updated 27/12
  • Elven House (61 , 52586, updated 15th November 2020)
  • Dol Guldur (2315, 52363, updated 28th October 2020)
  • Lond Daer Ruins (-383, 50261, updated 23rd August 2020)
  • Grey Havens (-510, 50023, updated 17th August 2020)
  • Minas Tirith Street (-66, 46080, updated 31st March 2020)
  • Harad (1357, 45132, updated 20th February 2020)
  • Rohan Village (169, 44662, updated 3rd February 2020)
  • Windmill (-386, 44334, updated 26th January 2020)
Other Builds:
Your Interests:

I like the Gondorian style the most, especially the build styles of Belfalas and Anorien. I also enjoy building in the dwarven style. I most enjoy building realistic, poorer, and more run-down things. I like ruining things as well, and this is what I have the most experience with, having done many osgo wall ruining jobs. I am also especially interested in Rhun, Umbar and Khand, as I find arid climates more interesting to build in.

Your Motivation:

I enjoy building particularly on this server because of the amazing community and resource packs and because I like working on a project collaboratively with other people rather than working on a project all by myself. I also want to become artist as I want to contribute to visualising the amazing world Tolkien created within Minecraft.

Last edited:
Hey Gizid,

Moria Interior
- Don't put random slabs on the ceiling to detail it up, rather have curved/arched ones.

Moria Exterior
- Looks a bit tall for a dwarven house
- Could use some detailing, chimney, street detailing (eg market stalls, crates..)
- Vary it up a bit more, everything looks the same (it shouldn't per say be all exactly the same, but mainly just fit together)

Oak tree
- Make it look more fluffy and less round. Take a look to the plot to the right, it looks more like what it should be.

Elven house
- Doesn't look too elvish to me, I'd expect a more Open/organic shape for the house.
- The house itself looks quite nice, though the shape/layout is rather simple
- Even elves need chimneys
- Some exterior details would've been nice (Fields, vegetable garden, apple trees, decorative garden...)

Nice little Interior you got there, I like the mix in general (not too cramped), not sure about the bellows tho, maybe something else for that. But in general looking pretty good gizid, i have a good feeling regarding your application. :)

Hey Gizid

Bree
Overall I can tell it's bree, which is a good thing :). It doesn't look too bad either, though there are some things I'd change.

- Looks a bit too clean to me, I always imagined Bree to be more messy
- The houses are very much identical most of the time, the use of different shutters, slightly different tudor mixes (if possible with Gondor), Different stone mixes for the bottom... Could help a lot, you do it a bit already, but not enough.
- Your houses always seem to have the same measurements, especially your facades (log-2-log-2-log).
- You'd probably find not a lot of greenery in Bree, at least not in most dense areas
- Main roads would probably be stone, though could be quite muddy
- Every house needs a chimney
- Maybe some roof windows could look nice.

Moria House:
- Avoid putting beams on the ceiling. Stone beams aren't really a thing.
- Try varying your exterior up a bit more, look at examples in Upper mines, you cam do quite a bit of different designs.

Moria Scaffolding:
- Overall pretty cool!
- Maybe add some cobblestone or brick foundation to some of the largest bottom wooden structures. this will make them look more sturdy
- Somehow connect your bottom wooden structures a bit more up with the surrounding cave, maybe adding one or two more connection beams
- Avoid using such big splatters of dust. About 80% of your dust should be the no connection one, and a bit of the 2 connection one.
- Are the tops supposed to look like they broke off (You have different heights of beams sticking out at the tops)?

Moria scaffolding:
- Nice.

Unruined Lond Daer Palace:
- The layout of the building is typical for a bath house. So that's good.
- I find a lot of your pillars looking way too thin for weight they are supporting. Adding additional pillars would help, for example on the inside of the outside wall you could add pillars.
- The windows on the inside look odd to me. I think adding the pillars as mentioned in the point above would be enough to detail up those walls.
- The roof window looks very large and unnecessary. Is it inspired by something? Maybe reducing them in size would make more sense? Or otherwise not having the roof above it at all?