• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Gondor Rivers & Sources

Fireinferno13

One Of Us, One of Us
Commoner
Credits
XP
jXnqAKJ5JR6DA.png

Above is a map of all the rivers and sources for Gondor (this was from the staff forums so until that is back up I would figure I would post it here to be worked on/for all y'all to know)

In other words, this is mostly a staff project as it requires voxel, however, artists and such are more then welcome to help building the sources themselves as long as they are top quality. Jobs for source digs can also be run and are encouraged.

KEY:
Green - Done
Orange - Needs Work! (painting, covering bedrock, adjusting banks, etc)
Yellow - Special Terrain (do not do)
Pink - Related to a Separate Project

Sources:

• Source 1 - Complete!
  • Source 2 - Complete!
  • Source 3 - In Progress @firefuss
  • Source 4 - Wait!
  • Source 5 - Complete!
  • Source 6 - Complete!
  • Source 7 - Incomplete
  • Source 8 - Complete @iSMiTHz
  • Source 9 - Incomplete
  • Source 10 - Incomplete
Sections:
  • Section A - incomplete
  • Section B - incomplete
SPECIAL NOTES:
  • Only work on Sections A and B for now (#1-10)
  • The exception being those sources attached to the White Mountains directly
  • Do not do a source if it is connected to a mountain that has not been painted properly
  • Do one section at a time and keep me posted on your progress
If you have any questions, just ask
Thanks!

Last edited:
Had a few minutes today, got #3 almost finished. Just need to do the river source all the way to the east on that branch of the river

Update! Thanks Will

I will be doing some serious work on this this weekend when my finals are all done :)

Updated.

I went through the sections that were marked as done and made finishing touches as well as worked on the Anduin itself. @iSMiTHz and @firefuss , whats the status on your river sources?

On a short note: make sure you make a smooth transition from the source to the river. I've seen a few sources who were pretty badly made.
Also some rivers are pretty wide to be just side rivers. I'd suggest narrowing them to a creek-size form.

On a short note: make sure you make a smooth transition from the source to the river. I've seen a few sources who were pretty badly made.
Also some rivers are pretty wide to be just side rivers. I'd suggest narrowing them to a creek-size form.
Which ones in particular need work?