• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

In Progress ** Gondor RP 3.0**

TotiGonzales

Head of Resource Packs and Media
Staff member
Vala
Supporter
Credits
XP
~:~|~:~ Gondor RP 3.0 ~:~|~:~
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Project Leader: @TotiGonzales
Co-Leader: @barteldvn
Project Staff: @Eriol_Eandur
Discussion Thread
The thread to discuss in general the project, comment on any updates or any other non-announcement topic.

Project Announcement Thread
The official update thread.
In Progress - Gondor RP 3.0 -

Terrain textures mostly. Grass, sand, gravel.... Also many new terrain textures are added using concrete, concrete powder and terracotta blocks. If you want all the deatils look in the resource pack, there is a changelog file in there.

In case you were wondering about the future snapshots or the final release then you can also add vegetation textures to what Eriol said. Additionally, some building textures like cobblestone stone bricks and planks will also get a makeover in the future.

Perhaps a stupid question since you probably have everything under control but with so many new terrain textures for the URPS are there even enough blocks left for the already numerous block textures in the Gondor pack?

Don't worry! We won't remove textures from the Gondor pack. We have a massive amount of unused blockstates. It's all about the right way of distributing them rn.

Will the blocks from 1.14 be utilized? We could do some interesting stuff with the grindstone.

So far one quetion, will there be an actual gravel texture? I noticed the updated one in the current version of the Gondor pack and it's nice, much better then the old one, but it's still mixed with dirt, which doesn't look like the real gravel. The block is usable but more for some forest paths and not much for rivers or beaches.

Will the blocks from 1.14 be utilized? We could do some interesting stuff with the grindstone.
Everything will be used sooner or later :p.

So far one quetion, will there be an actual gravel texture? I noticed the updated one in the current version of the Gondor pack and it's nice, much better then the old one, but it's still mixed with dirt, which doesn't look like the real gravel. The block is usable but more for some forest paths and not much for rivers or beaches.
See pink_, yellow_ and orange_concrete_powder.

I always feel the need to preface posts like this by acknowledging that I barely build ever so my requests are maybe not as pressing. But I was recently making a little garden and there was a distinct lack blocks I found suitable for the path. I think one of these three things might be a good addition:
  • A pebbly grass block - basically like gravel or lime concrete powder except instead of being brown between the little rocks, it is green.
  • A scattered pebbles texture that can be overlaid, like the moss, dirt, and puddle.
  • A larger stepping stone texture, again like a puddle. It would preferably have a more natural shape than stone pressure plates, the current nearest approximation (also less height and going-up-and-down).
Hope you'll consider it. Thanks!