• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Gondorian Island (Very small project)

Eaglz24

Involved Member
Credits
XP
How long have you been on the server?: Since December 25th 2014
What is your current rank?: Artist
Who have you contacted to help you out with this project?: Just me. Its a small island, no need for extra help.
Have you been part in any projects before? If yes elaborate what you did: Nope, this will hopefully be my first
Is the project on the list of available projects? No, I thought of it myself :)
In what amount of time do you think this project will get done (rough guess)? Tops 16 days (little over a week)

Template:

<Name of said project> Small Gondorian Island

<Project leader, reserve leader and designer(optional)> Just me

<Background lore> No background lore, just an island

<Short Introduction to the project> Well I was just thinking of things I could do since I was very bored. And I had an idea to make a small Gondorian island somewhere over the rainbow.

<Dynamap screenshot with mapped out plan> Can I make it as I go along? Its my specialty. If not tell me and I can make one asap

<Concept art> This is kinda what I'm going for, I made this a while ago. Of course I have improved, and I also know what things I can improve on. That will not be the size of it, maybe a little bigger, but yea. I will link you the photo at the bottom.

<Detailed structured plan of the project preferably in stage's> Since i'm too lazy to make an
entire plan just for a small Island, i'l just tell you a detailed description. I will lay out all the houses as usual after I make the island terrain itself (very small). Maybe add a lighthouse, 3-5 small houses, A larger house, some of which could be shops, a dock with some ships/boats. And whatever else I think of, as I said earlier I'm good at making up things as I go along.

<Possible Adventurer jobs that can be run in said project> Well I cant start a job so nope

Thanks for viewing possibly the worst project application your eyes have ever witnessed.

-Ulmo_ (A.K.A Eaglz)

pBBKBzB

If the plan was a bit more detailed I don't see why we couldn't put a few small islands in the sea south of Gondor.

We are almost at the end of the rope of lore, so pretty soon the artists/designers will need to take creative liberties.

First, you will need a plan for the island. It's okay to make up small details as you go along, but you will need a general plan. Second, while I cannot speak for Credoo, it has a smaller chance of being accepted due to the fact that it's not on the Public Projects list. Third, I am not a huge fan of your concept; it looks too wealthy for such a small island. If you think about it, the island is essentially a village, and in no place on our map is there a village with a style of that sort. I would try using wood as the base material, as it'll fit better with the small size of the village. It would be fine to use a fancier style for the larger house, though.

Do we already have any gondorian islands that don't need voxeling? I suggest getting a helping hand for this project

First, you will need a plan for the island. It's okay to make up small details as you go along, but you will need a general plan. Second, while I cannot speak for Credoo, it has a smaller chance of being accepted due to the fact that it's not on the Public Projects list. Third, I am not a huge fan of your concept; it looks too wealthy for such a small island. If you think about it, the island is essentially a village, and in no place on our map is there a village with a style of that sort. I would try using wood as the base material, as it'll fit better with the small size of the village. It would be fine to use a fancier style for the larger house, though.
True, when people think of small islands the first thing that pops into their heads would be fishing shacks, that sort of thing.

If this is still a thing that wants to be done: Please follow the feedback given above and update the project concept.